We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in over new year

Pacifc Northwest
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Coming in over new year

Of course we are really coming in for the Packer game! I made room reservations months ago and had the opportunity to buy an Entertainment guide for the Green Bay area. My question is how many restaurants that are around the stadium can be found in the guide? In my area it is huge help whether we eat at Subway or a more upscale place. Does anyone have an inside scoop - there were no teasers on the guide's website.

Thanks--

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming in over new year

Did you buy the guide online? If you have a link that lists the places in the guide, I can take a look at it and see which ones are near there. You will want to find places in Ashwabanon since that is where the staduim is.

Pacifc Northwest
Level Contributor
113 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming in over new year

Bought the guide online, it hasn't arrived yet. It is a nationwide book that is area specific. So I am antsy about getting it to see what I have discounts for.

I will be happy to list the restaurants when I have it.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming in over new year

One thing to remember too is that Green Bay is pretty small, so any of the restaurants are going to be easy to get to, except after the game of course. Titletown Brewing Co is in downtown Green Bay, and I clocked it today (I work in GB), it is only 4 miles. There are many great places to eat right in or around Lambeau (Curly's Pub, Brett Favre's Steakhouse, Prime Quarter), and of course you should see the Packer Hall of Fame while you are there. Let me know what's in there when you get it. We got one of them for Vegas and it had a lot of useful coupons in it.

Mentioned in this post
Brett Favre's Steakhouse
Brett Favre's Steakhouse
510 Reviews
Green Bay, WI
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming in over new year

We are getting our copy of the Entertainment book next week. It was a fundraiser for the local elementary school. I can take a look through it and reply with any coupons that are around the stadium that look like they are worth anything.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming in over new year

I think you will find different coupons between the local one (which is awesome by the way) and the one that patticakes bought which is a nationwide book.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming in over new year

Awesome for Appleton, yeah, probably. Quite frankly, I was disappointed for Green Bay in last year's book. It has been much better in years past.

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming in over new year

The one we had for Appleton had Neenah, Menasha, Little Chute, Grand Chute, Kimberly, Darboy, etc in it. There were many buy one get one free coupons, which are my favorite. Too bad the Green Bay one isn't as good. I know we bought one of the nationwide ones for Vegas and it had good coupons in it. I am interested to see if the one for Green Bay does too.

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Neenah
Neenah
Wisconsin
Menasha
Menasha
Wisconsin
Little Chute
Little Chute
Wisconsin
Kimberly
Kimberly
Wisconsin
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming in over new year

The book that I have is Appleton/Green Bay/Northeast WI combined. To identify the book further, on the spine, it not only says Appleton/Green Bay/Northeast WI, but also the ID number of 05EE0077.

I didn't know there was such the differentiation of national or local. I had purchased Orlando in the past, and hadn't seen any "national" type coupons in there.

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming in over new year

I don't know about the Entertainment guide, but I can recommend Brett's restaurant mentioned above. It's within walking distance of the Stadium. We ate there in August, and I was pleasantly surprised by the caliber of the food. Much better than I expected, and I didn't go steak. To tell you the truth, I can't remember what I ordered, but it was more creative, international that you'd expect at a Steak House. Got to ask my husband, Oh, my!

It would be a special event for a Packer fan since it's not cheap, but not unreasonably expensive. The website is: www.brettfavresteakhouse.com. (I don't have a financial interest, I just found the matchboo, and we don't smoke.)

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming in over new year

OK, I went to the website to find what I ordered. It was:

WALNUT ANJOU

Spring greens, anjou pear, roasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and red onion with raspberry vinaigrette. for $5

plus grilled or blackened scrimp for another $4

That doesn't sound too expensive, but I was eating light.