We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Vs Best Western

Sunnie5274
7 posts
Save Topic
Days Inn Vs Best Western

hi everyone. I am going to Green Bay for the Packers/Seahawks game in December. I was able to hold a room at the Days Inn for 160/night. I have never stayed there or at any Days Inn before. I was wondering if it is a good place to stay or should I pay the extra money and stay at the Best Western?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

The Days Inn normal rate is aorund $60 and Besty Western's is around $90. We prefer to skip the Day's Inn hotels if we are spending a lot of time there. If you plan to be in the hotel a lot I would go with the Best Western depending on how much more it is.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Casey does have a point. A Days Inn, typically, is a more basic hotel. Bed, shower, TV, maybe continental breakfast and Internet access. If you're familiar with Econo Lodge, or La Quinta, then expect something like that. Best Westerns typically aren't as basic as Days Inn would be.

BUT...it all depends on the specific hotel you stay at. One Holiday Inn I stayed at was a piece. Another one, though, was absolutely amazing. If you're going for the game, and all you need is a place to crash, I wouldn't spend the price difference. If it's the one by the stadium, it's pretty decent, from what I know.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,167 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

I was thinking $160 sounded a bit pricey for a Days Inn. I've not stayed at one. Though we don't stay anywhere fancy per say I'd prefer Best Western over Days (haven't been to either Green Bay location however)>

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,935 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Are you familiar with the hotel ratings on this site? Neither hotel you are looking at is highly rated with the Best Western at 27 of 41 and the DAys inn at 31 of 41.

If you click on the Green Bay hotel link to the left of this page or type in the name of a hotel in the search box to the upper left you can read specific reviews from people who have stayed at these hotels.

I always take the hotel reviews with a grain of salt, but sometimes you can spot trends or issues that are important to you.

Needless to say most people have probably already made plans for hotels for a Packer game, so it may be a matter of just taking whatever is available at any price or looking further away like Appleton if that is a possibility.

Sunnie5274
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Thank you for all your help everyone! The $160 is the game weekend price- was supposed to be like $185 but when I reserved the room the lady said she would give it to me at the lower rate.

Yeah we are not looking for anything fancy- a friend of mine is coming out from DC for the game (I told him he has never been to a real football game till he has been to a game in GB in winter haha- so he is coming out for the Seahawks game) I just won't want to stay at a total dump. My main concern is in the reviews some people said there was a smokey smell- I hate musty cigarette smell.

Calling around there seem to be rooms left at the area hotels. We want to stay there by Lambeau- I am taking him to the Hall of Fame and Stadium Tour on Saturday and the game Sunday . (If you have any other good ideas let me know!)

Also, do you all know if the hotels drop prices like a week before the game if they are not sold out? I was thinking of just keeping my hold on the one at the Days Inn and see if the Best Western or Hilton drop their prices. Or see if I can find an online coupon on a travel site that will take money off the stay.

I really appreciate your help! I have been to several Packers games but have never stayed the night there so all your help is appreciated

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Have you tried Kayak.com hotel search? I am seeing a number of properties with availability for a one or two night stay starting on Dec 26, all at rates lower that you are stating. Several are close to Lambeau and the hall of fame, but may not be as close as the properties you are mentioning. Just wanted you to know you do have other options.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,935 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Green Bay is small. Traffic won't be a problem except immediately before and after the game. I would not worry about proximity to Lambeau. No place in Green Bay will be much more than a 15 minute drive on Saturday.

My guess is they won't have rooms available on a Packer weekend, but I stayed at the Bay Motel about a year ago. It is a 50's style roadside motel close to Lambeau. The rooms are not real big and the decor is old, but it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The Bay motel is rated on this site. It is a locally owned motel, not a chain.

I frequently keep a reservation on hold while looking for a better deal. I think you are doing the right thing.

Also check both hotel online sites and call the local number. You might get a better deal one way or the other, you never know at high times.

Good luck.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

Honestly? As far as dropping the prices and stuff. Good luck. Packer home games are what hotels call "hot dates", which means they're going to go pretty much at the rate listed on the back of the hotel door. Home Packer game + Christmas? Rooms will be at a premium. I checked Hotwire, and right now lowest thing in Green Bay is 94 dollars a night. Don't think it'll get much lower than that.

9. Re: Days Inn Vs Best Western

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:21