We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Which Green Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
10 posts
Save Topic
Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Coming to Green Bay for a game in December. Looking for some reasonable lodging near the stadium. Would also like to be near some bars/fun places to be. Looking for something middle of the road. Never been there before so don't know what reasonable is maybe $80 a night? Thank you

Sacramento...
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

OK, after checking it out we are going to need to figure something else out. Hotels are like 300 a night with 2 night min and we need 2 rooms so that is out. Does anyone know if they have a tail gate bus or something from Milwaukee to GB the day of the game both there and back.

Seattle
Level Contributor
209 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Will you have a car? Try searching for hotels in Appleton - it's pretty close.

Even if you don't have a car, maybe look for tailgate bus options or something like that out of Appleton.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

If you're looking for hotels that provide transportation to and from the game, you'd be better off looking in Appleton/Neenah/Menasha/Oshkosh. Even then, with the current cost of gas, that may be iffy, and you may need to get a car. Milwaukee is a little too far for a bus, I believe.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
991 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

I would look for Appleton bars that have transportation, more likely than hotels. Got this off a forum...

Bar - onAve

427 W. College Av.

Appleton, Wi.

Bus leaves between 10 am to 11 am

Phone for reservation immediately at 920-882-0690

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

You know...checking with sports bars in the area is an option that I wouldn't have thought of.

Just so you have a heads up, Chase, you may have a hard time finding hotels that do not require a minimum two night stay for Packer weekend, even if you stay in the Fox Valley (which is what we refer to as the cities I mentioned above). I know I run in to that when I book my hotel for the NASCAR race I go to every hear: I have to book at least two nights, because they know that it is a busy weekend. Of course, they want to be ensured that they get as much money as they can and that most people will be there for at least two days.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Try Bay motel, very simple hotel, smaller rooms, could walk to lambeau (I did in September, not about December) AAA rates. Again not fancy but clean and cheaper than others, did not need 2 night min when I was there.

http://www.baymotelgreenbay.com/

wisconsin
Level Contributor
56 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Are there any hotels in Green Bay that offer shuttles to the games? We are also looking for lodging, but don't want to pay a fortune. We prefer to stay in Green Bay.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Not cheap but the Radisson hosts the Green Bay Packer team the night before the games. They block off the main aisle ways inside but you can watch them all walk into the hotel for the night's stay. Was not that crowded either, maybe 100 people total.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
158 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

Most of the hotels in the area should provide shuttles to and from Lambeau, Jade. Granted, this was a couple of years ago, but I know both the Days Inn Downtown does. So does the Aloft hotel, as well as many of the hotel on Oneida Street.

Of course, you could just try staying at one of the hotels within walking distance to Lambeau. I imagine that, if there are any rooms, they would be pretty expensive. The ones off of the top of my head are the Days Inn Lambeau, the Hilton Garden Inn, the Road Star Inn, Bay Motel, and the Best Western Midway.

Sturgeon Bay...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Green Bay lodging for Packers game

hi, come to sturgeon bay, it is only 40 minutes from green bay and you can get a room for 69.00 at" The Lodge at Leathem Smith"or go on line to thelodgeatls.com

Edited: 17 December 2011, 23:25