We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hey burkehouse

Which Green Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
hey burkehouse

I haven't been on here in a long time. I wanted to thank you once again for all your help when I moved to the Green Bay area. My husband got another job back "home" in FL so we have just moved back. We did like the area but in the end we were home sick. If you ever get the chance head up to suamico and on Velp there is a new pizza place called pie from the sky. It's the same owners as chives and the food is amazing.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hey burkehouse

Thanks tjmac66,

I understand being homesick. I too just moved "home" to Minnesota. I took a transfer at work so we could be closer to our family and we are very happy. If I am back in Green Bay for work I will check out the pizza place.

Have fun in FL!

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hey burkehouse

Oh you moved also. How long ago? Are you still living in a sea of boxes like I am? How long were you living in the greenbay area? I thought you were there for quite a while.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
331 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hey burkehouse

We just moved a few weeks ago, so we have boxes everywhere. The moving company packed for us and we don't have a clue where anything is. Oh well, sooner or later it will all get unpacked. We lived here for over 4 years, but when the opportunity came up at work to move closer to home I jumped on it.

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hey burkehouse

Oh I hear you....about everything! We were only there for a year (almost to the day) so there were a few boxes we never got to! I was having trouble adjusting to the move, then I broke my foot so we never fully unpacked or even put all our pictures on the walls. As for the packers, I think they like to mess us up just for fun. For the move up to Green bay 1/2 my shoes were in one box and almost the rest in another. I am still missing a couple of shoes. And some left shoes ended up in one box while the right ended up in another. With both moves a box will be labled master bedroom but I would find stuff from other rooms in there. It's going to take me a while..... I am glad you are back home. Doesn't it feel good? I thought the greenbay area was beautiul and the people were so nice. It was a great experience but in the end there is no place like home. You stuck it out longer than us but my husband just told me about someone who beats our 1 year record. He was in a meeting at his new job with the managers at his level and some of the directors and a guys name was brought up. (they were talking about new hires) One woman says "oh, he's gone" The other guy says "what do you mean by gone." She says "Gone gone, he left the company." Turns out his guy took a job did the whole relo and it turned out his wife never wanted to move! They were here for 2 weeks. This company has an 18 month minimum commitment or you have to pay all relo costs back. Thats got to be about $15000 and then he has to move them back.

5. Re: hey burkehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 07:17