We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer home in green lake

austin texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
summer home in green lake

Greetings-- I am a chicagoan married to a texas who knows and misses my beautiful wisconsin, and wisconsin summers. we are considering several places - eagle river, where I spent summers with my grandparents, but hard to get to, green lake, and lake dubay area. we have three kids, and we want to find a place on water, close enough to town that we do not have to use a car, and green lake came up. I also spent summers in Lake Geneva. It seems a little crowded, but still an option. I stay at the Abbey when we go there, and love it. Anyhow, we are ...from Austin, Texas which is a very artsy music oriented. We would love any advice--it has been years since i spent summers up there, and they haunt me. any suggestions would be great.

thank you, and for all of you living up there this time of year, know that you are immersed in magic. ...'Summer afternoons, summer afternoons, those are the most magical words in the english language".

texas, not so much.. It's a 110 here today...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer home in green lake

Hi there,

I am a former Chicagoan and have now lived in Green Lake for 11 years. It has flown by. Growing up with so much pavement and so little trees has kept me inspired daily with the scenic beauty of Green Lake.

The obvious perks are the scenery and lake. We enjoy may days boating and enjoying the establishments around the lake. But some more subtle perks to living in Green Lake are the people, the safety, the proximity to so many great cities, the school, and of course the fact that everyone treats you like part of their family.

With the technological advances of today, living in Green Lake makes it easy to stay connected to big cities and big clients. The town has gone wireless to make working from anywhere a breeze. With obvious tools like email and cell phones you can keep enjoying Green Lake without missing a beat.

Please let me know if you have any questions! We'd love to add another couple of numbers to our population sign!!

Loni

2. Re: summer home in green lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Green Lake