We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

Got any ideas what Janesville hotel(s) (if any) you're likely to get via Hotwire and/or Priceline?

I did check the main two bidding sites (bidding for travel & better bidding) and don't believe they showed any hotels in Janesville.

I did, however, just check Hotwire and they listed two; so, I'm presuming you might also be able to get something on Priceline.

As always, any help is appreciated,

HLO

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

I am not surprised that you can't find a lot of info about hotels in Janesville. Janesville is a farly small city and not really a tourist area.

I think, but I am not positive, most of the hotels are typical chains found along any Interstate highway in the USA.

If you do a yellow page search for Janesville motels you might find a mom and pop type place that is cheaper, hopefully clean, but nothing fancy.

If you decide to pursue Priceline I would be very interested to hear about your experience.

I hope you post back and let us know how things go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
524 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

Przyk is right about most of the hotels in Janesville belonging to chains. Also, most are located right off of I-90 and Rt. 14 in a very commercial area, with not a big offering for even good dining. (Lots of truck traffic in this area. I have had the experience of staying at the Ramada at this location...only once.) Janesville has a convention and tourism website, which lists all of the hotels and locations.

http://www.guardianangelbnb.com/

This is the website for an inn/b&b in Janesville, which is very nice. As far as I know, it only offers breakfast. However, since it is privately owned, the proprietors will sometimes work around your needs and offer other services. I have friends who stayed here when attending a wedding and found it was a very large, beautiful Italiante home in the historic area of Janesville. It probably won't be listed on Priceline or Hotwire, but I think will certainly have more charm than the chains. Hope it helps.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

I live in Janesville. I do not know which hotels are Priceline or Hotwire but I will say that the best hotels in town are the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton Inn. All are in nice, safe areas. A great place to get a nice meal is a very nice establishment called the Milwaukee Grill. It is not a chain and has good food. It is just around the corner from the Hampton and the HI Express. If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
524 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

Alwaystosagirl,

I know I am veering off topic, but was wondering if you knew if Fusion 5 Restaurant is still open. I can't find a listing for it on the Janesville convention and tourism site. I always liked the place.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
470 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

toelle,

Fusion 5 bistro is closed. It was a nice classy restaurant but I do believe that it was expensive. Restaurants that are expensive do not do well around here. Most people will not spend the money unfortunately for a good place. Another nice place is the Time Out Pub which is located downtown on East Milwaukee St and Main St. Janesville is known to have tons of chain restaurants but few independents. My family goes to Madison and Rockford alot. Madison has so many good restaurants. Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
524 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

Sorry to hear that Fusion 5 closed. It had such great food and an unique atmosphere. Thanks for the other suggestions...I'll keep them in mind the next time I am in Janesville.

7. Re: Hotwire/Priceline Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Janesville