We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Resorts

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Recommended Resorts

If I bring my boat for a weekend vacation to Lake Geneva what resort is recommended?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
516 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Resorts

I can't think of any resort on or off the lake in Lake Geneva that would let you bring your boat. In Lake Geneva, there are boats and jet skiis to rent at Marina Bay Boat Rentals on Wrigley Drive. I do seem to remember that on Delavan Lake there are two places that have slips that are rented out, but I don't know if that applies to people bringing their boats while vacationing at the resort or a long-term lease for people with property and no boat slip. Here are the two places on Delavan Lake to try: Lake Lawn Resort www.lakelawnresort.com and Delavan Lake Resort www.lakedelavanresort.com There are public boat launches in Lake Geneva, in Fontana, which is also on Lake Geneva, and in Delavan. They all charge a fee for putting a boat in. I think you would have to check with individual resorts to see if they provide boat parking for overnight guests.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
516 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Resorts

I have just returned from the Lake Geneva area over the weekend and while there asked around to see if any resorts rented boat slips to overnight guests. Found out that The Abbey Resort, located in Fontana on Lake Geneva, and Lake Lawn Resort on Delavan Lake both have a limited number of slips they rent to overnight guests.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Resorts

We've been to Lake Geneva a few times, staying overnight and as day trips. The only 2 places we stayed at were Bella Vista suites which is on Wrigley drive and on the lake front, but this was years ago. I believe the suites are privatley owned but are on a rental program.

The other place was Timber ridge resort at Grand Geneva. Timber ridge is a water park resort but the Grand geneva is the upscale part of the resort I would say.

Both places were nice. But Timber ridge/Grand Geneva is just on the outskirts of town.

Another place right next to the Bella vista on Wrigley Drive is the Best Western Harbor shores.

One place between the downtown and Best Western is the Cove of Lake Geneva which are condos available for rent by the owners - I always wanted to plan a stay there but haven't yet.

The public docks in Lake Geneva is right in front of the Best Western and you drive down Wrigley towards Bella Vista, then turn left just past the place(there's a gravel or blacktop road) down through Seminary Park to park your trailer. Make sure you put the tear off part of the envelope on your dash to indicate you paid the daily launch fee or you will get a parking ticket! - I speak from experience on that.

Now, I know the Riviera docks offer day mooring for your boat should you want to walk around downtown for the day but for a fee. I don't remember if they offer overnight mooring, it's a possibility? It might be cheaper just to launch your boat daily.

The Timber Ridge has a large parking lot.

www.lakegenevawi.com/water.htm#BOAT%20RENTALS

Lake Geneva, Wi
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Resorts

We own The Nautical Inn of Lake Geneva and Endless Summer Nites of Lake Geneva, bot are located right downtown. We have room at either Inn to bring your boat, we also offer a buoy for guests at the Inns.

Debi Nelson-Maney

www.thenautical.biz

www.endless-summer-nites.com

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,136 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Resorts

resortsandlodges.com/lodging/usa/wisconsin/s…

there are a few resorts from Lake Geneva listed here. I don't have any personal experience however, just a link that may be helpful in narrowing your search :-)

6. Re: Recommended Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 19:17