We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief Trip Report 5/22-25 Family Reunion

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Brief Trip Report 5/22-25 Family Reunion

We flew direct from Atlanta on AirTran to Milwaukee, rented car and then drove less than an hour to our resort, Grand Geneva Resort. We were in the Holiday Inn Timeshare section.

The trip was great. All total we had about 25 people, ranging in age from 9 months to 83 years old. Most arrived Friday evening. On Saturday, we had a group lunch at Ginos East (allowed ordering from the menu and separate checks) and then took the ice cream social cruise. We made dinner back at the resort. Some went out on the town that night. Sunday, we travelled to Madison to see the 'grandfather' of the group and then back to town for dinner at Popeye's. We left early Monday morning.

The lake was absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go back again, preferably in the summer when it's warmer. We had good weather though - w/ temps in the low 70s.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brief Trip Report 5/22-25 Family Reunion

Glad you had a good time in Lake Geneva for the reunion. You lucked out with the weather. Two sunny days in the 70s in Wisconsin over Memorial Day weekend is almost unheard of...and I can say that because I spend most Memorial Days in Wisconsin! If you landed in Milwaukee, stayed in Lake Geneva and took a side trip to Madison, I'd say you saw a good bit of Wisconsin. It's a beautiful state to explore. Come back and visit soon again.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brief Trip Report 5/22-25 Family Reunion

DonnaAruba,

How was the timeshare? We are staying there Labor Day weekend and have not heard too may good reviews.

3. Re: Brief Trip Report 5/22-25 Family Reunion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva