We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Lake Geneva?

Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Lake Geneva?

My husband and I are spending a weekend in Lake Geneva and would like to be at a B&B or hotel walking distance from the shops and restaurants in town. Any suggestions? Also how about the best restaurant?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
526 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Lake Geneva?

Here are some options for lodging all within walking distance of the shops and restaurants in downtown Lake Geneva. Since you didn't specify a price range, I have tried to give you a range of lodging in each category.

Condo/Suites

Bella Vista ww.bellavistasuites.com

Cove of Lake Geneva www.cove-lake-geneva.com

Mill Creek Hotel www.millcreekhotel.com

B&Bs

Golden Oaks Mansion ww.goldenoaksmansion.com

Eleven Gables Inn & Cottage www.lkgeneva.com

Nautical Inn of Lake Geneva www.the nautical.biz

Hotels/Resorts

Grand Geneva Resort and Spa www.grandgeneva.com

(this would NOT be within walking distance...it is just a short drive 2-3 miles out of town)

Lake Geneva Comfort Suites comfortsuites.com/hotel-lake_geneva-wisconsi…

(this is located on the edge of town and is about a 6-7 block walk)

As for restaurants, again you didn't specify what you are looking for, so I've just given you a range.

The French Country Inn for a romantic evening and good food (also a great place to stay, but not within walking distance of shops) www.frenchcountryinn.com

or www.kirschs.com for the restaurant

The ChopHouse at Grand Geneva (the resort is mentioned above) for a great steak www.grandgeneva.com

Hemingways www.hemingwaysportofcall.com for a Key West type atmosphere (restaurant, bar and live entertainment)

Gino's East www.ginoseast.com for Chicago-style pizza

I would also suggest you check the listings on the Lake Geneva Trip Advisor page for comments on these lodging/restaurants suggestions and for others that may interest you. Hope some of this helps. Post again if you need more specific information.

Carbondale, Illinois
Level Contributor
64 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Lake Geneva?

Thanks for all the info! Looking forward to a relaxing weekend in Lake Geneva!

3. Re: Where to stay in Lake Geneva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Lake Geneva