We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do?

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to do?

My husband and I will be visiting the Lake Geneva area around the first part of May. I'm looking for any good suggestions on things to do in the area. We will be staying for a week at the Grand Geneva Resort. We are not opposed to driving a little bit to do something. Maybe no more than 30-45mins. Does anyone have any good suggestions for us? We enjoy golfing, wine, food, cigars and outdoor activities just to name a few things:) Thanks for the help.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
519 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do?

http://www.lakegenevawi.com/

This is the Lake Geneva website and it lists all of the activities going on in the Geneva Lakes area (includes Fontana, Delavan and other towns), as well as some activities within a short drive. It is regularly update, so I would start here. If you are staying at the Grand Geneva, you will have access to golfing at the resort and in the surrounding area. Grand Geneva and the Lake Geneva area will also offer you many opportunities for wine, dining and cruises on Lake Geneva. All of these are listed on the above website.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do?

the Jelly Belly Factory is nearby and is a fun tour.

WI
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do?

Early May is a great time to walk the lake path.

For golf I like Abbey Springs in Fontana, a 20 minute drive from the Grand.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do?

Those all sound like good ideas. Thanks so much. Has anyone ever gone to the Appletrow Winery? I'm not usually a fan of fruit wines but I thought maybe it would be something to do. I wasn't sure if it was worth a visit or not. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks everyone:)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
519 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do?

Yes, I have been there...it is just outside of Burlington...about a 40-minute drive from Lake Geneva. In addition to fruit wines, they also have hard ciders which are quite tasty. They have an orchard, some of which are old, heirloom apples, so the ciders reflect this. They also have champagnes. It is a fun place to go, and although the wines are not what most of us are used to, they are still great to try and buy. Have fun!

6. Re: Things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 05:17