We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
521 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

I have heard that this longtime favorite has gone bankrupt and will close in November. Anyone have any other details?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
459 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

This is what has been written in the Janesville Gazette. The property was in foreclosure and was just purchased back by the bank that held its mortgage. They also have several years of back taxes owed. They have given the state notice that they will be laying people off early next month.

Does that mean that they are closing? Well I guess that we need to read between the lines. It is really a shame especially as they have done so much remodeling and they employ a lot of people.

I am sure that the bank will put it up for sale but whoever purchases the property will have to pay a lot of money before it can be operational again.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

The Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel also had an article and I had a hard time reading between the lines also to determine if it's actually closed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

I was sorry to hear about the lay offs at Lake Lawn Lodge. We had similar articles in the Wisconsin State Journal. I remember hearing about LLL as kid as my Dad's business used to occasionally have meetings there. I hope that someone comes along to resurrect it. Pam

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
521 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

Yes, I agree. Hopefully, some local entity will buy it and get it going again. Lake Lawn has such a long history in the area, undergoing many changes over the years as it tried to reinvent itself. Even changing its name from Lake Lawn Lodge to Lake Lawn Resort. My mom went there regularly in her 20s when she worked for an airline, and I grew up going there as a kid. It is a beautiful piece of property. I know they have tried to convert some of the units to condos...I am just hoping that the property won't be subdivided for development. As I am thinking about it, I think the property goes back to the days when the circuses were in Delavan and they used the land for summer quarters.

5. Re: Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:18