We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Lodging Help !

Which Lake Geneva hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need Lodging Help !

We are planning on visiting LG in the first or second weekend in Sept.but many places seemed to be booked already. We would prefer to stay as near as possible( .5 -3 miles ) to the downtown area.I noticed some places are bit on the pricey side for us. We are looking at rate of 90.00 to 175.00 per night if possible. Anyone have any recommendations ??

Anyone ever stay at MARIA'S GUESTHOUSE ?? Only two reviews in TA,both from last year.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
946 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Lodging Help !

We have stayed at the Cove with a Groupon. It was clean and right downtown across from the lake. There is a Sprechers Restaurant (formerly Houlihans) attached to the resort. I have seen other Groupons or Living Social Deals for some places in Lake Geneva, so check there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Lodging Help !

Powner

Thanks, I'll do that. Still looking.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Lodging Help !

There is a Comfort Inn about a half mile outside of the downtown area that I imagine will have slightly cheaper rates than the hotels closer to the lake. I think most places still consider those weekends "high season" so the rates are higher than they would be a couple weeks later.

Edited: 02 May 2012, 16:56
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Lodging Help !

Traveltub:

Thanks,I was already looking at CS but ended up going with Mill Creek Hotel .The prices were very close. This will be our first time in LG. Lookiing forward to it.

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Lodging Help !

I am looking for a hotel walking distance to the shopping in Lake Geneva, any ideas? Also, how would you compare the shopping in Lake Geneva to say Galena? I haven't been there since the mid 70s with my parents.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Lodging Help !

Galena is more upscale than Lake Geneva, for sure. It's more of a combination of kitschy tourist stores, but a few boutiques and shops more along the lines of Galena.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
946 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Lodging Help !

Haven't been to Galena for about 8 years so don't know how the recession affected the shopping there. There is a lot less shopping in Lake Geneva than what I remember in Galena.

8. Re: Need Lodging Help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:42