We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip on the 4th

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip on the 4th

i cross posted this in the WiscFO, but i think this is the better forum to post it in....

---------------------------------

family is from out of town with 3 teenage boys looking to go on a day trip to lake geneva.... they're interested in doing some kind of water sports (preferably not water parks)....

any ideas on renting jet skis, going tubing etc?

i know it's last minute, and it's the 4th, but they asked me for advice, and this is was presented to me just now!

thanx!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
521 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip on the 4th

http://www.lakegenevawi.com

This is the main website for Lake Geneva and all it has to offer for lodging dining and activities. I have a vacation home in the area, so I have to be honest with you that it could be very crowded on July 4th and that unless you call for reservations for any boat, jet ski rental etc. one may not be available. Also, the lake will most likely be very crowded with boaters. So unless you are experienced at boating or jet skiiing, you may want to think about learning on a day with a lot of boat traffic.

All that said, I have given you some suggestions for things teenagers might like to do...everything from the water sports to a zip line experience. Hope some of it helps. Have a good, safe time.

www.cruiselakegeneva.com For boat cruises. Right in dowtown Lake Geneva by Riviera Docks.

www.lakegenevaboats.com To rent a boat or jet ski, also right downtown on Wrigley Drive

www.clearwateroutdoor.com To rent kayaks, canoes and standup paddle boards.

www.aerialadventureslg.com To zip line

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip on the 4th

thanks for the great info---i fwd'd it to the relatives.... hopefully they'll be able to do something with it.

3. Re: Day trip on the 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2013, 10:15