We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Venues

St. Croix
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Venues

I am looking for a venue for a wedding. I would like to get married with my feet in the sand during the big day. Any suggestions for a venue? We've already been looking around a lot but they seem to just be close to the water or with a road running between the water and venue.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Venues

http://www.lakegenevawi.com/c/Weddings.aspx I can't offer much maybe the link will be helpful, perhaps the locals or others who have stumbled across those types of areas would be able to fill you in.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
523 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Venues

There really aren't sandy beaches in the Lake Geneva area. That said, I think if you check out Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva which has water features on its grounds, The Abbey Resort in Fontana which overlooks Lake Geneva or Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan which is right on Delavan Lake, you will find some very nice venues.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Venues

One place I did think of with a sandy beach is by the library (Riviera Beach) and next to the docks for the mailboat tour.

www.cityoflakegeneva.com/index.asp…

Edited: 24 April 2013, 14:41
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Venues

M good friends had their wedding reception in LG at the Riviera, which is the main boat house type place in the middle of the town. It was beautiful at sunset.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Venues

My friend's name is Shay, too, BTW. Small world. :)

Twin Lakes...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Venues

I don't know when their restaurant is scheduled to reopen,or your wedding date but.attended a few parties at the French Country Inn, actually on Lake Como just 3 miles west of downtown, that were really lovely

http://www.frenchcountryinn.com/wedding.html

The Riviera has a beautiful room but it is in the thick of things and anyone not staying over can be really inconvenienced with the parking issues. It does book up fast for summer weddings.

You might give Charlie a call at Celebrations Catering and see if he has any ideas.

7. Re: Wedding Venues

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:16