We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places for family and dog????

chicago, il
1 post
Save Topic
places for family and dog????

Where can a family stay with their dog?

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: places for family and dog????

dogluvr - Here are a few web sites that will allow your dog to take his family to Lake Geneva..

You may have to scroll down or click on a link to get you to the proper places.

http://www.bbonline.com/petswelcome.html

dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guide…

www.virtualcities.com/ons/wi/wipets.htm

petfriendlytravel.com/listings/…1032

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places for family and dog????

We are staying at the Ice house cottage in Lake Geneva this weekend. The allow pets as did one other I can't remember, sorry. I just googled cabins in Lake Geneva and found several. Good Luck.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places for family and dog????

Call the Eleven Gables wonderful place on the lake right downtown, can walk to everything. They are the ones that own the Ice house. It was very comfortable and he loves dogs. Nice man. Beautiful location. Bring your own pillows though. Good luck.

Detroit
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places for family and dog????

We spent the second weekend of June at the Eleven Gables. We always travel with Martha, our 8-lb Chihuahua, and this was the only B&B in Lake Geneva that would accommodate all of us. The location was great ... right across the street from the harbor and just far enough away from the mobs downtown. Gary was a nice guy and he made a palatable if not exactly filling breakfast. The room was only so-so ... squishy-soft bed, no phone (not a problem in itself but we had to park outside Starbucks for the wi-fi), a wimpy window air conditioner and a cramped little bathroom that would have benefited from tearing out the somewhat useless kitchenette (if there's no microwave, what's the point?). The "courtyard" we asked for was a 6X6' expanse of concrete that did offer privacy but had about as much charm as, well, a 6X6' expanse of concrete.

I suppose we could have done a lot worse for what we paid; the location was great and they were cool about Martha. But for our next trip to Lake Geneva we'd look a little harder for more pet-friendly options.

Lake Geneva, Wi
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places for family and dog????

We have 2 Inns in Lake Geneva that allow pets...

www.thenautical.biz

www.endless-summer-nites.com

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places for family and dog????

Unless you have a big dog (over 20 lbs) that must travel with you, I would not suggest Eleven Gables, as there are much, much nicer places in town that take small dogs, probably at lower rates (Maria's B&B is one). This is a very 'rustic' place, and I don't mean that in a charming way. The Icehouse, in particular, is more cottage than bed & breakfast, as I am still recovering from 2 nights on the worst beds I've ever slept on, and there ain't no breakfast for folks in the back units of the property. Also, if you don't mind spiders, non-functional lighting, bad bedding, the most uncomfortable furniture possible and that cabin-y musty smell that permeates everything, then by all means stay. The location is great, Gary is a nice fellow, and the Icehouse sleeps up to 6, which was great for my husband & I, 2 kids, in-laws and yellow lab, but the place is in serious need of upgrading and I would rather sleep in a tent that face another night on one of those sagging sacks he calls a mattress at an inflated b&b rate.

Chicago, Ill
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: places for family and dog????

We found a great place for taking our dog swimming in Lake Geneva. It is the only bed and breakfast inn on that lake and they have family accommodations. The pier is old but the fishing for the kids was excellent last week.

The water was very clear, we could see the bottom at 15 feet. The dogs loved it.

www.lkgeneva.com/pages/dogpetfriendly.html

8. Re: places for family and dog????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 19:20