We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak statiom

Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Amtrak statiom

Is there anything to do for a couple of hours within walking distance? I'm taking the train west Sunday afternoon but will need to be dropped off a couple of hours early so my daughter can get in with her new college life :) I'd love something interesting to do while I wait.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,791 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak statiom

The Public Market is about a 10 minute walk away

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak statiom

You could definitely kill some time at the public market. It's about 5 blocks to the east. From there you could walk south on Broadway. You'll be in the heart of the Historic Third Ward. Where you'll find boutique shops, galleries and restaurants.

http://www.historicthirdward.org

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak statiom

There are a ton of eating/drinking options near the MKE station... the Third Ward is nearby and great for a quick visit. Stop by the Milwaukee Public Museum or Milwaukee Art Museum. Do a brewery tour... Lakefront Brewery is a good one or there are several options in nearby Walker's Point.

Google Maps can give you point-to-point walking directions. Uber is readily available for longer excursions.

Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amtrak statiom

Awesome! This looks right up my alley!

Thanks!

5. Re: Amtrak statiom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2018, 05:18