We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in Milwaukee

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Streamwood, Illinois
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Food in Milwaukee

I'll be going through Milwaukee in a couple months on my way to a wedding in Sheboygan. I'm looking to find a good place for lunch.

I'm looking for either a good burger, pub or dinner type place.

Thanks

Tom

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in Milwaukee

I am not sure why, but this question is stumping me. I hope some others can give you some options.

It would help to verify your route. I assume you are coming from the south and want to eat near I-94/43 rather than going far off the freeway.

There is a nice country restaurant called Apple Holler at the Racine/Kenosha County line. They have good home cooking. It is a place where kids can pick apples and they do hay rides in season, but they hgave really good food.

My favorite burger in Milwaukee is Kopp's, but ityis a fqast food, sit in your car type place so that would not work ifd you want to sit down to eat. If you do decide for the Kopps burger there is a Kopp's on North Port Washington Rd at the Silver Spring Rd exit.

There is a Chancery restaurant at 27th and Layton on the south side. That would fit your requirements for a pub burger.

Tht's all I am coming up with right now.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Food in Milwaukee

I hope these help.

Solly's Grille Restaurant in Glendale. USA Today rated it has one of the Top 10 Best Burgers in America. Great prices and off the freeway.

Sobelman's Pub and Grill. It is located in valley. I believe on 19th and St. Paul.

Mo's Irish Pub on Wisconsin Avenue has a great burger. It is unique to the area. I will copy the description from their site.

A heaping 1/2 pound char-grilled burger layered with corned beef, Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and our signature Killarney sauce. $9.99

The Social on South 2nd. They have great food. A unique sandwich is Knuckle Sandwich . . . . .$12.95 Lobster knuckle, bibb letuce & tarragon mayo.

Elsa's on the park. It is located on Jefferson.

They have a very good and unique burger.BURGER AU POIVRE

Covered with peppercorns and sautéed in a burgundy sauce.

$9.00.

Milwaukee Ale House in the Historic Third Ward. It is a great locally ownded brew house.

Water Buffalo in the Third Ward. They just opened up on the riverwalk. Here is a write up of their signature burger. One pound certified angus beef seared with herb butter, roasted tomato and garlic ragu on a gourmet onion roll.

Patty's Burgers on farwell.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food in Milwaukee

Definitely Sobelman's for their burger.

Also try County Clare for their excellent and inexpensive Irish pub food. The building is also very unique, and it's very close to the lakefront so you can do a little sightseeing too.

kg0301
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Food in Milwaukee

Patty Burger is a delicious new fast food restaurant on the eastside on Farwell. The burgers are so fresh and delicious. MMMM. My mouth is watering just thinking about them again. They're open really late too and have delivery!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Food in Milwaukee

I second Kopps! I crave them often since I have moved to Minneapolis! They have great malts too! Only problem, very limited seating.

6. Re: Food in Milwaukee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 02:19