We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

muskegon michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

I wanted to thank everyone. We had an awesome time in Milwakee. The information we got from tripadvisor was extremely helpful. I wanted to give a brief report on our trip.

1. Lake Express- We enjoyed our crossing. The lake was smooth and no problems. This seems like a great way to cross Lake Michigan

2.Biking-we brought our bikes and found Milwaukee and excellant city to bike in. We rode all over downtown and never had a problem. I would bring bikes again.

3. Best Western Towne-This hotel worked for us. I was able to leave our bags at the front desk when we arrived early. However when I returned at 5, our room was not available(plumbing problem). We were switched to a VIP room, and our rate reduced. Special thanks to Karen. This a bare bones hotel...no a/c in halls or elevators. It was ok for us in that we did not spend much time in the room.

4.Lakefront Brewery-what a blast! One of the founders was our tour guide. He was funny and informative.And there was plenty of good beer.

5.We ate at the King And I..best Thai I have had. Also Ratzch's...good experience,food just ok. Happy hour is a good thing! We enjoyed 2 for 1 and 1/2 price appetizers at Brothers.

6. Pasbt Mansion-great tour. We also saw City Hall and Psiter Hotel and others.

7. Miller Brewery-also good fun tour.

We did so much more. Most of all we met so many friendly and nice people. We will return for sure.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,712 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Mark,

I am glad you had a good time. It does not sound like the heat slowed you down too much.

muskegon michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

No, although it was warm. I was probaly my fault, but I had a hard time getting from the express to 1st street. I went the wrong way under the highway and had to back track. I ended up crossing under a highway and crossing some railroad tracks. I was a little warm by the time I got there!

I had also asked you about safety. We rode our bikes all the way to Miller Brewery and really all over. At no time did we ever feel threated or unsafe. It really was not an issue. Thanks again.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,712 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

bump

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

how come you're bumping this one?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,712 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Greg2305 posted a similar question yesterday, coming from Muskegon on bike via the Lake ferry.

6. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:23