We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel by Amtrak downtown station

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel by Amtrak downtown station

A friend and I are driving to Milwaukee from St.Paul to visit her family. We just decided to extend our trip & take the train to Chicago for a couple days. So where is a good but not too expensive place to stay by the Amtrak Station. I heard you can park your car in the Amtrak lot for $4 / a day. Does that sound right?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,627 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel by Amtrak downtown station

I believe it is $ 5.00 per day for overnight parking at Amtrak.

The Courtyard Marriott, Hilton, Doubletree and Best Western Inn Towne are hotels that are within a few blocks of the Amtrak station.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel by Amtrak downtown station

HI:

You can take the train to Chicago from Downtown amtrak station or from the airport amtrak station. The cost is the same. I think the hotels around the airport would be more reasonable, but staying downtown is nice, depending on what you want to do while you are here besides visiting family. What other activity's are you looking for. And what are your travel dates? There is a lot going on in Milwaukee all the time.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
624 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel by Amtrak downtown station

Park or use the Airport station. It's the next stop after downtown. Hotels are cheaper there and many include a few days parking as part of a fly stay package. Thre's everything by the airport: Clarion, Hampton Inn, Wyndham, Super 8.

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel by Amtrak downtown station

I've been checking some of the hotels....the Best Western /airport is offering a room with shuttle service to the train station(you can leave your car parked there)for $110/night. Pretty good deal, I think!

Thanks for the info. I can always depend on TA!!!

5. Re: hotel by Amtrak downtown station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 19:19