We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Hi folks,

I will be driving up from Chicago for the Harley 105th on Labor Day weekend, and specifically for the Springsteen show at the Roadhouse at Veterans Park. I am concerned about where parking will be available (car, not motorcycle) and how to get to the Roadhouse from there. It seems as if the Roadhouse will be too far to walk from the Summerfest grounds- is that right?

Any help would be appreciated- thanks!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

I have tickets for the Springsteen show too and I have the same questions you do.

I have not seen anything showing exactly where they will set up for the Springsteen show. All I have heard is Veteran's Park, which is a big area.

For the 100th anniversary show they had the Roadhouse set up in a big tent along the lakefront in the area of Lafayette Hill Road, about a mile, maybe more, from the Summerfest grounds.

For the 4th of July fireworks and other festivities in Veterans Park they allow parking in the park.

But, all I remember from the 100th is motorcycles. I don't know if cars are even allowed to drive on Lake Drive and traffic was a real mess, even by Chicago standards.

Right now I am thinking the best option for parking is on the residential streets west of the lake area. It is mainly apartment buildings, so street parking is not real easy to find, but you should be able to find a spot within 3 or 4 blocks of the lakefront. You can access the alekefront from Brady Street or Lafayette Hill Rd.

Parking west of the lake would also allow for a quicker escape after the show.

Keep watching this forum and I will post if I see any info about location of the show and parking.

If I don't know anything more by Thursday before the show I will drive by and see what the set up is.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Veteran's Park is located not too far from the Summerfest Grounds. There is plenty of parking at Summerfest but I don't know the details on fees or if there will be a parking fee for bikers with tickets to the festivites there.

Depending on where they set up the entrance to the concert venue, your best bet may be to hike it from the Summerfest grounds. It's really not that far.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

If you are going to Veteran's Park and not the Summerfest grounds there would be absolutely no reason to park at the Summerfest parking lots.

Downtown parking lots would be closer to Veteran's Park, less congested and probably cheaper.

Thre will be many more people attending the festivities at the Summerfest grounds than the Springsteen concert.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Thanks, for your help, guys!

I thought about walking from the Summerfest grounds, but on the map it looks as if it might be at least a couple of miles. Are the public parking garages near to Veteran's Park? Or what about public transportation- is there anywhere to park and take a bus? We are coming up early in the day, so no problems getting there, but I'd like to be pretty close to the car after the show.

I tried the Harley 105th website, and they have NO information on this at all.

Thanks again!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Without knowing exactly where the roadhouse will be set up it is impossible to figure out where to park.

My best guess is that it will be between Brady Street and Lafayette Hill Rd. If that's the case and you come early in the day you will definitely find free parking on the side streets around Brady.

I don;t hink there are any public parking gargages in the area. It is a residential area. Probably the closest public garage would be at the east end of Wisconsin Ave. Wisconsin ends at the lakefront and curves north at Prospect. There is a parking garage right at the curve. That would be a much longer walk to the area where I think the roadhouse wil be set up.

Brady Street has lots of bars, shops and restaurants where you can spend some time if you are early.

Zaffiro's pizza on Farwell, just off Brady might be a good spot for lunch or early dinner.

There are no busses on Lincoln Memorial Drive by the lake. Busses run on Prospect going north and Farwell going south. Those are the closest bus routes to the lakefront. I would not count on taxis being around.

I really think you will be able to find street parking within a couple blocks of the stairs from Brady Street to the lakefront.

I will post updates if I hear anything.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

There is a public parking garage across from the art museum on Lincoln Memorial Drive. We park there every year for the fire works (which are at Veteran's Park) it's not that far of a walk, and it will probably be about $10-$15. The Art Museum is fairly close to veteran's park. This is where I would highly suggest parking.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

TDsgirl,

I think you are refering to the same parking garage I wrote about. You can enter one side from Lincoln Memorial Drive and the other side from Wisconsin Ave.

That is probably the best downtown alternative, but it is still a hike to the north part of Veteran's Park compared to parking near Brady Street and just walking down the steps to the park. That is, of course, if the mysterious roadhouse is in the Brady Street area of the park.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

I still have not seen anything showing exactly where the "Roadhouse" will be set up. If anyone has info or happens to drive down Lincoln Memorial Drive and can see what's going on, please post here.

I will make a special trip to see for myself if I don't hear anything in the next few days.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Przyk: I may doing a field check this afternoon for traffic studies, so I will get there to see if the stage is set up yet someone at work here, said it is just north of the Art Museum. It is probably at the south end of Veterens park.

Mischief For the last Harley Fest I took my bicycle down the Oak Leaf bike path. If you could bring bicycles for the trip, you could park the car at any bar parking lot, or on the street, up top West of lake Drive. You can catch the bike trail from various locations, and bike in. We do this for all the Summer Fest also. As far as Lincoln Memorial Drive being closed. The county is in charge of that. you could check with them. But last time they did shut it down and just let motorcycles through. they basically used it as a parking lot for bikes. We just locked our bikes "bicycles" up to a tree and walked in. The Bike path is dark, but safe, you should have lights for the trip back to the car.

If you are interested in that I can give you locations to catch it. I agree with Przyk, www.zaffirospizza.com.

Pizza is great

If you started in the brady street area, you could bike down to Lincoln Memorial Drive and bike south to the concert.

I will try to give a link for a bike map or ask around for any good tips to park cars at.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for harley 105th/ Springsteen concert

Hi Everyone:

Right now everything is set up between Veterans Memorial Building (Art Museum) and McKinley Marina. Including a big stage between the lagoon and the lake. (which is just south of McKinley Marina) This seems to be the roadhouse. But there is one Harley map on line on the Harley site that shows a star there And also calls it Main Stage. I am beginning to think Main Stage and Road House are the same place.