We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find the best Fishfry

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nicole Radke
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to find the best Fishfry

We will be in Milwaukee/Port Washington area all next week. We would love to find the best place for the Friday Fishfry! Any suggestions?

Milwaukee
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

My absolute favorite is the Alpine Village on Green Bay Rd in Mequon (northern burb). Love their fish fry and super potato pancakes. Plus, a little vintage German atmosphere that's quite nice. Reservations are definitely recommended.

Right across the street is another good option - Taylor & Dunn's.

Lakefront Brewery on Commerce St downtown is a hot spot and a unique setting.

If you find your way up to Port Washington, New Port Shores on Lake Michigan is very popular with locals.

jsonline.com did a little review back during Lent to highlight some of the better ones. Do a search in their dining section to find it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

Kegels Inn

This is always the one I suggest if the location works, however it is not close to Port Washington. It is southwest of Downtown Milwaukee. But it really is the best. Here are a few reviews

Make sure you have reservations Make them as early as the Tuesday before. They book up.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60097-d39…

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

Serb Hall http://www.serbhall.com/s1/ Locally everyone has their hands down favorite but this is mine. Also in the April issue of "Wisconsin Trails" magazine famous Wisconsites sound off on their favorite fish fries. Two were Milwaukee picks and were both Serb Hall, picked by Milwaukee historian John Gurda and senator Herb Kohl.

Lakefront Brewery also has a fish fry I've heard good things about.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

jsonline.com/features/dining/29333019.html

www.classicwisconsin.com/fishfrys/index.htm

www.classicwisconsin.com/fishfrys/serb.htm (more about Serb Hall)

I hope these links help you decide the best choice for you :-)

Nicole Radke
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

Thanks, I will check these out.

WI
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

I know this is only in July, in Port Washington but for reference for others interested this the world's largest one day fish fry:

http://www.portfishday.com/

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

For Milwaukee area, Pandl's in Whitefish Bay has a great fish fry on Fridays. They are also known for their Whitefish everyday ( and the duck is some of the best I have ever had).

They have outdoor dining and are located on beautiful Lake Drive.

The restaurant has a German feel, pub-like.

8. Re: Where to find the best Fishfry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 07:16