We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not to miss Restaurant?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Not to miss Restaurant?

Hello, I am here in Milwaukee on business and I can't get a flight out until tomorrow, so I'm going to have some time to have a great dinner tonight. I'm in Brookfield, so what would be your suggestions for the one restaurant I would just 'have' to try tonight?

Any ideas would be appreciated, the conceirge last night sent me to a closed place... :)

thanks,

DR

Milwaukee Wisconsin
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not to miss Restaurant?

If you want to stay in Brookfield, you are on your own as I don't know many places there.

In Milwaukee, for casual, I would head to the Third Ward and have dinner at one of the spots on the river. They are casual, lively, and pretty much all of them have good food. Coquette Cafe (just one block off the river) is a Bistro style place-very good. The Wicked Hop is kind of a nice hangout with good food.

Lake Park Bistro in Lake Park (surprise) is a personal favorite. Beautiful decor and view and delicious food.

For German you could always go to Maders. For Thai food, my vote goes to The King and I.

Those are all good options. But for the restaurant that is best in all of Milwaukee, you must go to Sanfords. Gourmet. Perfect. By the way, Coquette is Sanford's other (less expensive) place.

One more thought-for Great food with a view and a bit of a different feel- try Roots. Again, it is on the river (different area). In season they grow many of their own herbs and veggies (I believe). It's a cool looking place, lively enough if you are on your own (as are the places in the Third Ward)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not to miss Restaurant?

I'll second the Lake Park Bistro. We had really lovely dinner there two years ago. We really enjoyed it. Pam

milwaukee
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Not to miss Restaurant?

Here are my suggestions: Milwaukee has a lot of great independent restaurants

Uuami Moto -Japenese fusion/sushi

La Merenda - Internatinal Tapas, fantastic.

Palms Bistro

Hinterland Gastropub. Do not let the name fool you!

Roots - Organic

Lake Park Bistro - French

Smyth at Iron Horse Hotel

Capital Grille - Steak

Mason Street Grill at Pfister - Steaks/chops/seafood

Tutto - Italian/upper end sports bar

Zarletti-Italian

Sabor-Brazilian steakhouse

Buckley's Kisheman Inn or County Clare - Irish

Restaurante Bartolotta- Italian

Cubanitas - Cuban

Charro-Latin

4. Re: Not to miss Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 05:32