We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
812 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Hi All,

We are coming down Sat Aug 29th for Jimmy Buffet at Alpine Valley and are staying in Milwaukee. Was wondering if anyone would have suggestions for a place to stop for a few drinks before heading to Alpine to get us in the mood!

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

http://www.hemingwaysportofcall.com/

Hemingways is in Lake Geneva and is known for its Jimmy Buffet parties and general atmosphere. They will be having a Parrot Ball on Aug. 28 in honor of Jimmy's return. When I say that it is located in Lake Geneva, that is really only the address. It is north on Hwy. H as you head toward Elkhorn...out of the crowds of downtown Lake Geneva. I had dinner there recently and posted a review on the Lake Geneva page under restaurants. It is a very fun, laid back place to go with a Key West atmosphere and lots of island drinks. If you are staying in Milwaukee, it would be about a 30-40 min. drive south on Interstate 43 to Rt. 120 to Hwy. H.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,217 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Assuming you are driving to Alpine Valley (not sure how else you would get there) why not bring your favorite refreshments arrive early and enjoy yourself in the parking lot before the show.

That sounds like more fun and would even be more responsible than drinking before you drive. Could be a win/win.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Pryzk makes a good point. I think if you check on Hemingways website, there may be a bus from the restaurant to Alpine Valley. For most concerts at Alpine Valley there are no shuttles, but since Hemingways is a favorite place for Buffet fans, they have in the past provided one.

|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Thanks All,

Hemingways sounds like something that we would be interested in. If we get going early enough, we may head there for a little while before the "parking lot" party!

Thanks again

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

Hemingways sounds like a ton of fun, I would totally try and do that if they have a shuttle. But definitely try and get there early enough to partake in the "parking lot" festivities, too. Buffett tailgating is unlike any other I've experienced, Alpine Valley or any other venue. I've heard this is even one of Jimmy's favorite places to perform throughout the year. It REALLY is a good time-- beads, booze and other male and female body parts that begin with B...! Wish I was going this year :(

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
507 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

I checked Hemingways website and they will be offering a bus to the Jimmy Buffet concert at Alpine Valley on Aug. 29. They will have tailgating before the concert, with Jimmy playing over loud speakers. The bus is $32. More info at info@hemingwaysportofcall.com

7. Re: Suggestions for pre-Jimmy Buffet libations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 07:18