We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive To Mitchell Airport

Richmond,Il
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Drive To Mitchell Airport

Hi,

We will be driving (today) from Gurnee to Mitchell Airport at 1:30-2:00p and I was wondering how bad the construction is on the way up there? I am almost afraid to get on 294! If anyone has made that trip recently, I would appreciate some help. Thanks much

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive To Mitchell Airport

I usually check gcmtravel.com (Gary-Chicago-Milwaukee) which has a map that shows congestion levels. From Gurnee, you are past the worst of the construction on 294, but obviously you could easily go over to 41 as well. The construction in Wisconsin has not been horrible as of yet, whenever I have driven through there. Just allow some extra time. Don't be afraid.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
625 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive To Mitchell Airport

3 lanes go to 2 lanes for about half of the drive from state line to the airport. It's not too bad, but there are lots of trucks.

3. Re: Drive To Mitchell Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 05:17