We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Downers Grove...
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Has anyone had any good/bad/otherwise experiences with the Residence Inn Downtown and bringing a baby? Thank you!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

I don't have experience staying at the Residence Inn with or without a baby, but I have to assume it would be one of the better choices for you in a downtown Milwaukee hotel.

I believe there are some studio suites and suites with separate bedrooms and at least some kitchen facilities in all the suites.

Being connected to the Grand Ave Mall and skywalk may be an advantage if the weather is not great. You can walk several blocks inside.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

I would definitely stay here with a baby. In general, Residence Inns have a much more "home" feeling with the amenities that they offer, and this one is no different. I've had family stay here a couple of times, and it's centrally located, easy to get around in, but still a little off the "beaten path" so you can get in and out easily in terms of parking and traffic (although the parking lot/facility for this hotel is about a block away-- but they have an easy drop-off circle). With the kitchens and extra living spaces in each room (I've seen 3 different floor plans), there is enough space for everything that comes with traveling with a baby,

Look at me-- I sound like a Marriott rep! I swear I'm not! But this is a good hotel. Would definitely recommend.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Don't they have underground parking in the building? I think I have seen a parking garage door on Michigan. Maybe it's for the offices in the building and not the hotel.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
984 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Yes the Residence Inn has parking underground, but I think there is a charge.

Perfect place with a baby

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Work nearby and have seen lots of families with babies in strollers that have stayed there long and short-term.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Really? Parking underground? That must be a new thing since I was there. It would be nice, though! I know the parking structure for the hotel is off of Michigan, but I didn't think it went underground. Either way, there's parking, there's a charge, but it's worth it.

Downers Grove...
Level Contributor
217 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

Thank you all! I never received emails, so I didn't realize so many people replied with helpful info. Thanks again, I think we will book here.

8. Re: Residence Inn Downtown with baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 05:16