We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

Hawthorn Woods, IL
Level Contributor
124 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

Hi all,

I'm bringing a group of ladies into town to the museum, and we want to do lunch afterward. Something we can walk to would be great, or if we need to drive a bit that's fine too. Can someone recommend a bright, airy, delicious spot for lunch?

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

HI HW,

Will you please clarify and tell us which museum you are bringing the ladies and how many of you there are, so we can give you a better answer.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,527 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

The classic ladies lunch place in Milwaukee is the George Watt's Tea Room, 761 N. Jefferson St.. It would be a short drive/cab ride from the Art Museum -- walkable in nice weather about 0.6 miles.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,527 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

Just wanted to add that the Art Museum has a nice cafe.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

Are you going to the Art Museum or the Milwaukee Public Museum? Either one, there are quite a few places to walk to, 5-6 blocks, or a short cab ride. I second George Watts and also add in Mader's German Restaurant. Or Possibly the County Clare Irish Inn and pub.

Hawthorn Woods, IL
Level Contributor
124 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

Thanks for the suggestions.... to clarify, we'll be at the Milwaukee Public Museum.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

I would second Watts tea room. The cafe at the Art Museum is very good - and you don't have to have an entry ticket to the art museum to eat there.

Bartolotta's Lake Park Bistro

The Knick

County Clare Irish Inn and Restaurant

Palms Bistro (Third Ward)

Swig (Third Ward)

You can find menus for all online.

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

I agree with Watt's Tea room. The Pfister Hotel also does tea, but it is a bit more pricey.

8. Re: Good Lunch Restaurant for Ladies Group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2010, 06:18