We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

NJ
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Topic
Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

My brother is moving to Milwaukee, specifically the Third Ward this week. My husband and I are our 2 boys are planning to visit him in June. Since my brother is also new to town, we were wondering what types of things to do with the boys. Also, what are the recommended sites to see for the adults. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

My top 3 would be....as a 5 year old, or as a 30 year old, lol.

Discovery World

Milwaukee County Zoo

Milwaukee Brewers game(s)

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

Discovery World is the perfect museum for their age and adults as well, great fun and interaction.

Milwaukee County Zoo is one of the nation's finest zoos you can't go wrong here.

Check the summer festivals in Milwaukee: Polish Fest and Summer Fest will be going on in the month of June.

…about.com/od/…MilwaukeeFests.htm

There's the Harley Davidson Museum, the Art Museum on the Lakefront (by Discovery World).

Another notable museum: The Milwaukee Public Museum.

There's some great parks on the lakeshore you can check out and enjoy Lake Michigan.

Kopp's for great custard.

Sprecher for a good brewery tour and lots of soda sampling for the kids. Lakefront Brewery has a very fun tour and soda as well (not as many choices as sprecher just the one I believe). Lakefront also has a fish fry.

Comedy Sportz for some good family entertainment:

www.comedysportzmilwaukee.com/main_page.html

Nearby for adults and kids that can appreciate the Domes is always a don't miss on my list:

…milwaukee.gov/MitchellParkConserva10116.htm

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

Bradford Beach! Rent or buy kites at Gift of Wings, rent paddle boats or 4 person bikes near the lagoon. Take a pontoon boat ride or Boat Ride out to Lake Michigan. See what's happening at Summerfest grounds - ethnic festivals, etc. Urban Ecology Center to try the rock climbing wall, see all the snakes, lizards, and frogs.

NJ
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Sounds like there is plenty to do. As sad as we at having my brother move away, it sounds like he is going to a great city. Just hope he is ready for the winter. But, we had a brutal winter in NJ so I guess it was just a warm up for WI. Can't wait to check it out for myself.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

WI has so many pubs for a reason- to get in from the cold!

Also - snow skiiing, snowshoeing, ice-fishing, snowboarding - it makes winter bearable.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

We also have as much public hunting land in our state as anybody else in the country..

7. Re: Things to do with 2 10-Year Old Boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:17