We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for steak in milwaukee

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for steak in milwaukee

hi, we've been to capital grille, and were not too impressed. we are from chicago, and thst one is better. also enjoyed mo's for steak, and masom street was allright. would like to try something new any ideas? we will be going sat. night so would like some quick ideas.

thanks

deb

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

Coerper's 5 O'clock club is an old supper club with great steaks, reservations are must for a Saturday. It is on Wells St west of downtown.

Carnevor on Milwaukee St gets great reviews and I can't believe I still haven't eaten there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

Coerper's wins my vote hands down, my absoulte favorite. It's on 24th and State St.

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

thanks to both replies for a the suggestions. we went to the 5oclock b/4, but it was way too smokey in there for us, i think we might try Ruth Chris or carnevor. Is carnevor a Brazilian steak place where they carve the meat at your table?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

Carnevor is not a Brazilian steak house. It is a contemporary, fairly new place.

If you google Carnevor you can get to their website and read some reviews on other sites.

I believe Wisconsin will be stepping into the 21st century on July 1st. Unless something has changed I believe smoking will be banned in all restaurants as of that date.

We do have a Brazilian steak house called El Sabor, I believe. I have never tried it, but I think it gets good reviews too if you are in the mood for something like that.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

Two words: Jackson Grill.

It's between downtown and Miller Park (just south of and before Miller Park). Make reservations - it is tiny. They do allow smoking at the bar, but we have never had an issue with it in dining room, and I'm very sensitive to smoke. They also have an outdoor patio in summer.

Jackson Grill

3736 W Mitchell St, Milwaukee, WI, 53215 (414) 384-7384

You might also want to try the new Ward's House of Prime, or classic Packing House down by the airport.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

If you are not limited to just downtown, then Bartolotta's "Mr. B's Steakhouse" on Capitol in Brookfield is the best by far. For years, they have been named either the best or in the top 3 by just about every restaurant critic. They recently moved into a larger location about a quarter of mile from the previous one. http://www.mrbssteakhouse.com/

7. Re: Best place for steak in milwaukee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:17