We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bar/restaurant to watch the Tour de France

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Topic
bar/restaurant to watch the Tour de France

Does anyone know of some bars where bicylists hang out. I'm looking for a good spot to watch the Tour de France. I tried Cafe Hollander. Slow servce, mediocre food, good beer, and for a bicylce themed restaurant, I was frustrated that they didn't have the TV's sound on for the Tour and coudln't get closed captioning. I've also considered Benos in West Allis. Any other suggestions?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bar/restaurant to watch the Tour de France

Possibly the Nomad, though it's under the same owner, I believe.

I don't think Chez Jacques has tv's, but maybe you can get him to show it.

Try Transfer Pizzeria. They are EXTREMELY bike friendly. If you contact them, I'd bet they'd put on a promotion for the Tour.

Also try The Swinging Door downtown. I know a lot of bike messengers hang out there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bar/restaurant to watch the Tour de France

Cafe Hollander was going to be my suggestion, since there are always bikers congregating around the ped bridge in 'Tosa and hanging at that restaurant.

I'd try Trocadero on Water St, though they are also owned by the same people as Cafe Hollander. They have a flyer on their website, though, advertising the Tour, so it might be okay to watch there.

3. Re: bar/restaurant to watch the Tour de France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 06:17