We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roast Duck

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Roast Duck

Hi All! I'm looking for a restaurant that has good roast duck

I'm in Pewaukee and am totally not interested in paying over 18 dollars a plate. Duck, dumplings and cabbage. Please help.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
118 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roast Duck

Fox and Hounds in Hubertus has roast duck. Fox & Hounds is offering 2 for 1 Saturday through Thursday after 4pm. There is also Weisgerber's Gasthaus, Seven Seas and also Golden Mast all do roast duck. Karl Ratsch's also serves roast duck. I would think that most german restaurants serve it. All but fox & hounds probably cost more than $18 a plate.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roast Duck

http://www.cempazuchi.com/main_page.html This is a Mexican restaurant they do have duck on the menu they were featured on a food or travel channel tv show recently where they were preparing the dish with duck. Here it is:

http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/place300.html

You've got some other great suggestions above as well. Seven Seas would be close and a good location to check out!

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roast Duck

Jakes in Brookfield... My wife and I rarely have anything else when I dine there for many years. However it is not 15.95 anymore !!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roast Duck

I'll let you know how dinner works out. Thanks for the tips. For the life of me I cannot figure out why Fox and Hounds offers 2 for 1 most of the time? Hmmm... I may go there just to find out!

I've tried the Gauthaus many times and although the atmosphere is great the food is not worth the price, IMO. I've gone with large groups and for the most part they agreed. It surprised me that they are a chain, which may explain a few things.

Thanks again.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roast Duck

Weissberger's are not a chain, or franchised. They are each family owned and started by Han's Sr, opening the Golden Mast in 1967. Here is a good summary. I'll agree the prices are above average.

sevenseaswi.com/about-us/the-weissgerber-sto…

I have wanted to try the new Fox and Hounds but scared off with the reivews posted all over the internet. Let us know where you end up !!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roast Duck

I guess if Weissbergers is a chain that makes Bartolotta a chain too?

I have not been to the Gasthaus in some time. It would not be my first choice for German in Milwaukee, but I have been to Golden Mast and Seven Seas and I think they are great. Prices are above average, but so is quality.

7. Re: Roast Duck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 06:17