We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brewer's game tips?

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Brewer's game tips?

Hi all -

Hi all -

We are planning on taking in a Brewer's game while we are vacationing in Milwaukee this June. I have a few questions:

1) When do the games for June go on sale? I couldn't find any info on the mlb/Brewers website or anywhere else.

2) For mid-June would a night or a day game be preferable? The games we can go to are all against the Bluejays so the team isn't part of the equation.

3) Are there any tips/preferences for "good" seats? We don't necessarily need the most expensive, but do enjoy a seat where we can be fairly close to the action so we are willing to pay for a "better" seat. We need 3 total.

Thanks so much for your help! I know the seats will be going on sale soon so I wanted to be a little educated before making a purchase.

Escape MKE
Room Escape Games
Save Milwaukee
Room Escape Games
Splash Studio - A Painting Bar
Bars & Clubs, Lessons & Workshops, Paint & Pottery Studios
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brewer's game tips?

You will LOVE this ball park.

There is no date on the website yet, however I am sure it will be in February. It always is. You could call them if you really want to know or just keep watching. There is no need to purchase them far in advance unless you are planning on the Cubs game June 5th, 6th , and 7th. Those three games will be hard to get, the price goes up also, along with parking.

As far as night or day game. Which ever you prefer, or go to both. You should take in the tailgate scene which is like "none other" we have ever ran into at any other ballpark. If you decide on game dates contact me and I can probably set you up with a group for tail gate. It starts as soon as 2 hours before the game. Or you can tailgate on your own. Very friendly fans at Miller Park. The parking lot is full of grills, games, drinks and fun people.

For the best seats as to what you described. You really don't have to purchase a 100 level ticket in Miller Park to be close to the action. But if you do sections 113 - 115 are great. (no need to purchase gold) Behind the dugouts are great.

200 level is great, you feel like you are right on top of them. section 215 is one of my favorite places on the 200 level.

However the 300 level is a level is unique. It is a level in Miller park that you can only get into if you have a 300 level ticket. It is not accessable without one. It is a carpeted level air conditioned full bar and very nice. I love watching the game from 300 level seats but not the first row, as the railing is in my way. I am 5'4" and it is a perfect obstacle for me. this is the level I purchase my 6 pack and then do other areas throughout the season. The air conditioned bar is a great break if its a hot day.

Which ever level you pick if you go to a day game you may want to purchase tickets on the 1st base side rather then the 3rd base side. The 3rd base side can get very very hot on our 80' or higher days. You are right in the sun every afternoon. Some people like that. Some people don't.

The night games are great also, the tailgate experience is great day or evening game.

Make sure to check out our river walk downtown, it is a favorite of all my guest that come to Milwaukee.

And if you are in town and like the music festival scene Summerfest is going on June 27th thru July 8th. You really did not say when in June you are visiting.

http://www.summerfest.com/letsfest/

Let us know if there is anything else you are interested.

and July 3rd is an awsome fireworks display at our lakefront.

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Wow! Thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. My husband is a baseball NUT so I want to make this as great as possible (within reason, of course). I think this will be a really fun outing on our trip. :) I'll let you know how I did once the tickets go on sale.

Thanks, again. :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brewer's game tips?

What dates are you here, I can see if there are any specials or if the bars on Bluemound have a tailgate bus going then.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
942 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Hi, mcubed -

It's nice to see your name come up again. June will be here before we know it!

Another option that we use is to buy the tickets on StubHub. The season tickets go on sale to people who buy lots of tickets before we lowly one-game buyers get a shot. And then the season ticket buyers sell the seats to the games that they don't want on Stub Hub. For a team as bad as the Blue Jays, you should eventually have a good range of locations and prices there.

The 10-pack tickets are already on sale, so you can start looking right away. The $5 seats are already there, but I'm sure you can do better if you watch and wait!

www.stubhub.com/milwaukee-brewers-tickets/

The seats are often quite cheap, a few dollars more than the reduced rate the season-ticket holders had to pay, if you buy them EARLY. Of course, since they were in the playoffs last year, the prices may have gone up.

I find the regular Brewers website daunting - it's not an easy navigation to buy tickets, and you have to choose the price you want to pay ahead of time. Then if there are no seats left in that price range, you have to go back and start all over again. Stub Hub is much easier for me to use, and I don't get angry and frustrated at the lousy MLB software!

Good luck, and keep the questions coming.

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Hi Teena - We will be there for the games on 6/18, 19 or 20. Thank you!

Hi Kimbobb - Thank you. Good tip. I will def check Stubhub, too. It sounds like it may be a better choice than through the Brewer's website.

I will have more questions, that's for sure. Thanks to you both for your help. It is appreciated. :)

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Hi all -

I checked out stubhub and this is what I found. I think I like the idea of the day game better, so there seats are for a 1:10 game on 6/20.

Teena, is this the section you were recommending on the 300 level? I, too, am about your height so I don't want 1st row per your suggestion.

http://www.littleurl.net/ee599

Also, I could not figure out what section to click on for the 200 section. :(

Which of theses seats, if any, would any of you suggest? The prices are fantastic so price isn't an issue, but if the $28 seats are comparable to the $70 I would go for the $28 ones. We need 3 together.

Thank you so much!

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brewer's game tips?

OK, just spoke to my husband and he would prefer to be down closer to the field than up higher with bar service. So, I think 100 level seats it is. I cannot believe what better seat prices you have than we do for Dodger Stadium (whole other Oprah, I know) but decent seats at the 100 level for us are about $100 per person! This is great! I am thinking about either, Field Infield Box 114, row 21 or Field Infield Box 115, row 16. Thoughts? Thanks again for your help!

Here's what's available:

http://tinyurl.com/7jhfrym

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Between those two I would pick 115 row 16. However both are good, check which ones are near the isle.

Again, you do not have to worry about getting tickets so far in advance, as there will be plenty. We walk up to the game many times in a season and purchase good seats right then and there. I would recommend getting them ahead of time, just saying there is no hurry on those games.

Are you going to try to do a tailgate? If so let me know I can help you with that.

If not make sure you get there early and enjoy the scene before the game..

Like I said Brewer fans are very nice.

If we go o that game I will contact you. So far only game in June we have is the 10th.

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Thanks! We cross posted. I was considering purchasing exactly the one you suggested! yay! I am going to get it. One more thing checked off the list and paid for prior to our trip!

Tailgating sounds really fun, but not sure what we will be doing prior to the game that day so I may have to play it by ear.

Thanks so much!

L.A. 'burbs, CA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brewer's game tips?

Got 'em! Thanks everyone for your help! :)