We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oostburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

In about a week we plan to take the Wisc. Coach Lines Airport Express from MKE to ORD. We will have sufficient time to catch our flight if the bus is roughly on time. Given the season, however, we are worried that a snowfall might cause us to miss our flight. Do you have any experience to share regarding this? I've had great luck with them, but it's always been during clear weather.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,216 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

I don't know if it's luck so much as allowing sufficient time. How much time is there between your scheduled arrival time on Coach and your flight?

I do push it a little flying out of MKE, but I pretty much know my drive time to MKE. I try not to fly out of O'Hare, but if I have to I don't push the envelope on time. If the weather is bad I would allow even more time. I think the Coach schedule is about hourly isn't it? I would definitely take an earlier bus if bad weather is anticipated.

Oostburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

They run every hour, so we'll take an earlier departure. Part of the uncertainty is how long it will take to go through the TSA security in Terminal 3. But I'm assuming by 11 AM it should be relatively short.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

My sister and her family missed an Amtrack connection in Chicago when they missed the early bus. The later bus, technically should have been okay, but it was so late getting to Rockford that they didn't even try. They turned around and went back to Grandma's. It was snow that disrupted things. This was Van Galder, but I think it applies to other lines. If it is snowing, get the early bus!

Pam

4. Re: Have You Ever Missed Flight, Heavy Traffic, Bus to O'Hare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:17