We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sprecher's tour

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Topic
The Sprecher's tour

I know the Sprecher's tour is in nearby Glendale, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they think of the tour. Is the tasting tour worth the extra money and time? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sprecher's tour

Don't know about the tour, but Kopp's Frozen Custard in Glendale is worth the drive.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sprecher's tour

I've not donehttp://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g59917-d2578825-Reviews-Sprecher_Brewery-Glendale_Wisconsin.html the tour, but there are plenty of reviews. Here's the link, but if you just type Sprecher into the search box on the Milwaukee forum you will get to the reviews. You can see reviews of hotels and restaurants too.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
302 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sprecher's tour

we went several years ago, and it was great. think it was just a regular tour, and our kids loved it too, because unlike most breweries, they had many different sodas for them.

and kopps is a great idea!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Sprecher's tour

I'm a huge fan of any type of factory tour, so I think they are all good.

Sprecher's tour is great. You'll get your typical brewery tour, and learn about the brewing process. At the end you get to sample the goods, sodas and beer. Sprecher also has an excellent gift shop. You can buy their beers and sodas on site as well.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Sprecher's tour

I agree with the above, good tour and the sodas are a nice bonus as well. Kopp's is a must do as well.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Sprecher's tour

Also have to add that I agree, it is a good beer tour for adults, but its a great tour for kids if you are OK with them drinking soda. Try the Raging Red, my favorite on the tour.

Edited: 11 May 2012, 12:44
Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Sprecher's tour

We love Sprecher beer, so we enjoy doing the tour. If you are going, as most people do, for the beer at the end of the tour, you will not be disappointed. It is easy to find the brewery, and there is a lot of parking in the lot AND on the surrounding streets. They also have wine now, and we even liked THAT!

If you are going more for entertainment during the tour, however, the Lakefront Brewery's tour is the forum favorite here. Their guides are very, VERY funny and make the tour much more interesting.

Of course, you can drink more in the States, because our ABVs are so much lower than yours........enjoy!

South Milwaukee...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Sprecher's tour

Palermo's pizza tour would be fun for kids.Betty Brin museum. Lakefront downtown. Bradford beach or South shore park. Great hiking at Grant park South Milwaukee Wi

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Sprecher's tour

I really enjoyed the Sprecher's tour, I sprung for the beer tasting tour and it was solid, especially the flavorful Wisconsin cheese......Also hit up Kopp's after the tour, well worth it!

10. Re: The Sprecher's tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:15