We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette Weekend

Fredonia, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette Weekend

I'm setting up my friend's bachelorette party and she'd like to go downtown.. We have dinner set in a different location and I need some help finding fun bars to host a rowdy group of girls (mid-20s).

Also looking for an affordable hotel suggestion within walking distance of said bars/clubs.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,650 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Water Street is known for bars. The Third Ward is another option.

What's your definition of affordable?

Fredonia, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Afordable, meaning nothing top of the line. $150 ir lesswas a night. Something along the lines of a chain hotel; best western, holiday inn... its basically only.going to serve as a place for us to have a few cocktails before going out and then a place to crash at the end of the night.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Many people have been recommending the A loft hotel as a good affordable option downtown that is close to the Water Street nightlife area.

If you have a specific date in mind you might look at a site like hotels.com or Expedia to see what is available in your price range for your dates. If your dates are flexible you might want to look at which dates in your range offer the most affordable hotel options. If you are looking for a summer date Milwaukee hotels can get crowded with all the festivals and special events and that can cause prices to go up.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

Aloft has bridge construction right outside and I can't in good conscious recommend it to anyone right now until that ends. Check out Comfort Suites Lakeshore or Ramada DT for inexpensive rates.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,984 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

I guess I haven't been over there in awhile. Would the construction have a big impact on the week end too?

Edited: 18 June 2012, 04:09
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

I would try to stay at the Aloft, Hyatt, or Hilton.

In terms of where to go, Old World Third St. is your best bet. Its the most popular area for bachelorette parties - especially Lucille's Rockin Pianos and Buckhead Saloon - good simple dancing and not too expensive. There are plenty of bars in that area to keep your night central and walking distance to the hotels I mentioned. IF you want to venture to Water st. its only about 2 blocks away to the east, crossing the highland pedestrian bridge. Be warned however, if you are visibly a bachelorette party, you may have some issues at some bars with some of the clientele being creepy etc.

You can sometimes get a cheap room in each of those hotels on some of the discount sites like Hotwire or Priceline.

7. Re: Bachelorette Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:40