We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do I

chicago heights
2 posts
Save Topic
how do I

what is the best mode to travel from Marian University in Fon Du Lac Wisconsin to the Amtral station in Homewood Illinois..where is Amtral station in Fon Du Lac Wisconsin

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how do I

No Amtrak. You can get from Fond du Lac to Milwaukee via Greyhound or Lamers bus and then train or bus from Milwaukee to Homewood.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,946 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how do I

You would have to change trains in Chicago after arriving from Milwaukee. Note that travel between Chicago and Homewood on Amtrak is only allowed when connecting from another Amtrak train, so I would imagine you would need to ticket it that way.

Check the Hiawatha timetable from Milwaukee to Chicago, and then the Saluki, Illini or City of New Orleans to Homewood.

Check the Amtrak site, it appears you can book the bus from Fond du Lac as a thruway bus connection, meaning you would be all on one ticket.

It's on the Hiawatha schedule. amtrak.com/ccurl/893/15/Hiawatha-Schedule-05…

3. Re: how do I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:18