We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harley Weekend accomodations

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Harley Weekend accomodations

We have concert tickets one night for Harley weekened and tried to book a hotel/accomodation, but everything is booked. Any suggestions for the best areas nearby that we can search that won't cost an arm and a leg? Plus, we would only need one night versus the entire weekend.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

Good luck. I think you are going to have a hard time finding one night accommodations. You will probably have to go pretty far out of town. The Harley Davidson website might have info on accommodations.

Another issue is I was looking at the Harley site and I thought you had to buy a week end pass to get on the grounds. I don't know what the deal is if you bought a concert ticket, if you can get on the grounds with your concert ticket or if you have to pay the entry fee besides.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

Yep, I just reviewed the info on the Harley website and it appears to me you need to buy the $95 pass to get onto the grounds in addition to your concert ticket.

This assumes yo have tickets for one of the concerts at the Marcus Amphitheater, Aerosmith, Kid Rock or Toby Keith, I believe.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 16:12
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

Well that bites - we have Kid Rock tickets, but may just sell them. Didn't realize you needed extra park passes or that accomodations would be such a problem. Should have researched this before jumping on concert tix. Thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

Harley has almost every single hotel room sold in the greater Milwaukee area. przck is correct about the pass for the Summerfest grounds. I'm not exactly sure but I think you might need to be a H.O.G member to purchase those passes.

Another site that might help for lodging is this: http://www.visitmilwaukee.org/h-d110

Also keep checking Harley's site. They do release rooms as they become available.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

In case anyone else is wondering...I just called Harley and asked if the fairgrounds pass needs to be purchased in addition to the headliner concert ticket and their answer is NO!! They said the Marcus Amphitheater has a separate entrance for people who want to attend the concert, but are not planning to spend the day/enter the Harley fest/fairgrounds area.

So 1/2 of my worries are gone - now back to accomodations. Thanks absmry for the suggestion to check on the Harley site for a room - it appears they will have rooms come available periodically based on cancellations, so it may be our best bet.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

I would double check that information about entry to the Marcus Amphitheater. The Marcus entrance is within the Summerfest grounds. There is not a separate entrance from the street to the Marcus from outside the grounds. I know that for a fact.

They could conceivably fence off the Amphitheater from the grounds, but I don't see how that would be possible with the size of crowds they will have for the Harley 110th.

I don't know if this link will work and it's kind of hard to tell anyway, but this is the setup. …harley-davidson.com/images/hd110/_entertain…

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

I am not sure how they will separate an entrance if indeed this is the case. I read the FAQs on the Harley site and thought it said one would not need to purchase the festival pass for the concert, but the wording was not 100% clear which was why I called them direct. I asked the man at Harley to verify that indeed the separate ticket is or is not needed and he ensured me that the Harley fairground pass is not needed to attend the amphitheater concert. So I guess I'll do even more research just to be sure.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

I read those faqs too and it was not clear to me. It appears today may be the first day of general sales for the Marcus shows. It looks like up until today it was all pre sales. It might be best to wait a week or two or at least a few days for things to settle down to get to the bottom of this. If I find out anything else I will post it here.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
195 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

I am sure the information you were given by Harley is correct.

Summerfest has three separate entrances:

marcusamphitheaterticketsblog.com/2009/11/ma…

You would just need to enter at the south gate.

I have attended Summerfest events in the past where the Amphitheater area was fenced off from the rest of the Summerfest grounds. If you were attending one of the concerts in the Marcus Amphitheater, you had to have a concert ticket to be admitted into that area. I am sure it will work the same for Harley Fest. If you are attending Harley Fest, you can be admitted through this gate. If you are just attending the concert, you can enter through the south gate and the extra $95 ticket is not needed.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,626 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harley Weekend accomodations

During Summerfest admission to the grounds is included when you buy a ticket for the Amphitheater, so this is not an issue. During Summerfest your concert ticket is also your admission to the grounds. I think it's important to state this because other people will be reading this post and if we have some folks that are coming for concerts held during Summerfest they may get the wrong impression that this applies to them.

During smaller festivals and events at the Summerfest grounds they sometimes block off part of the grounds and certainly could have the south gate reserved for concert admission only.

The Harley 110th will not be a small event. I do not see how it's practical to fence off the Amphitheater area during a major event. Many concert goers will be in town for the Anniversary celebration and will want to go from the grounds to the Amphitheater and back to the grounds after the concerts.

Having gone to many concerts at the Marcus Amphitheater and being in the middle of the chaos after the show lets out as the 20,000 plus concert goeers spill directly onto the Summerfest grounds I can not imagine what chaos would ensue if those 20,000 plus people were herded out the south gate.

What the set up will be has not been answered. The only thing I know is I am not sure how this will work.