We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel convenient for car ferry

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel convenient for car ferry

We will be taking the 6am car ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon. Any ideas for a nice safe nearby hotel? You have to arrive at the ferry by 5:15 AM so it needs to be close by or has a convenient drive. Thanks!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,215 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel convenient for car ferry

There are no hotels in the immediate vicinity of the Ferry. The closest are probably downtown hotels, but they may be more expensive and have hefty parking charges. If you are spending much time in Milwaukee it's nice to be downtown, but if you are just looking for a place to sleep the night before your Ferry departure I would recommend airport area hotels.

In the airport area you want someplace close to the Layton and Howell Ave corner of the airport, not the College Ave area south of the airport. I know there is a Holiday Inn on 6th and Layton and I believe the Best Western on Howell Ave is another good option. It's an easy ride on the Park Freeway I-794 from the airport area to the Ferry dock.

I would guess it's not more than 10 or 15 minutes from the airport area or downtown to the dock.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
117 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel convenient for car ferry

Thank You. Yes it will probably be a quick overnight on our way back home. Hope to see the city at the start of the week before heading out into the state.

3. Re: Looking for hotel convenient for car ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:17