We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at MKE

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
216 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at MKE

Husband called away last minute, daughter and I leaving Tuesday at 5:00 a.m. to California for a week, so driving ourselves - should we park at long term airport lot or one of the surrounding commercial lots?

Have read the reviews (previously) and saw that there is a lot highly recommended and that it is usually hard to find a spot at the long term MKE lot. There only seems to be a 50 cent difference in the price - is it worth the hassle to park at a commercial lot?

Thanks for any info.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking at MKE

In May it may not be a big deal now, but my last two flights were in January and February and I appreciated being picked up and dropped off right at my car in below zero weather. In fact the driver insisted on carrying my suitcase across the snow bank that had accumulated behind my car while I was away, another very nice touch. Maybe Fast Park has smaller shuttles. It seems like there are never more than 4 or 5 groups of people to be dropped off. I remember stopping that many times before my stop at the airport lot.

Fast Park also gives customers a card with the space number they are parked in, so there is no need to remember where you park. That may be a small things for some, but it's great for a scatter brain like me.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking at MKE

I guess people go with what they are used to. I've been using the Mitchell long term lot (except in the winter) for years. I have no issues with them and have always felt their service (drop off and pick up) to be good.

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
216 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking at MKE

Thank you so much for all of your info! Have the address for Fast Park and will check out the Mitchell parking. As long as they are both safe and convenient, will just wing it. Was mainly concerned with daughter and boyfriend getting car on return trip since I will be staying in California a while longer. Will leave the final decision to them. Thanks again for all the info! Now, let's just hope the road construction isn't too bad.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Parking at MKE

Coming up from Woodstock, especially that early in the morning, you should be fine and not hit any hurdles in terms of construction. Normally I don't like 173 through northern IL, but at that time of the morning it would probably be your best bet to get to 94. Otherwise, I'd take 47 up to where it turns into 120 in WI, then Kenosha Hwy 50 to 94. Sometimes Hwy 50 moves a little faster.

15. Re: Parking at MKE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21