We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

Hi,

My husband and I visiting Milwaukee this weekend. On Sunday, we have a noon tour at Lakefront, then are planning on getting lunch and going to the Art Museum. We're staying at the Double Tree, so I think we'll need to drive to Lakefront Brewery and the Art Museum. Given that it's a Sunday, would be better off to drive ourselves or take a cab? It looks like there are free meters on the weekend near the museum. Are they easy to get or are they all usually full?

Any thoughts on good places to get lunch by either the brewery or the art museum. I'm thinking some place kind of casual (sandwiches, pizza, salads, etc.)?

Thanks,

Jennie

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

Parking is free at Lakefront Brewery so that won't be a problem. You might be able to find parking on the street between the Art Museum and Discovery World. I think that is Michigan. Parking at the Art Museum is not too expensive and the underground parking lot is actually kind of cool. I normally hate to pay for parking, but because of the design of the garage it's actually one place I don't mind paying, lol.

The Art Museum also has a good restaurant. If you go north on Lincoln Memorial Drive a mile or so you will find the Colectivo Lakefront Cafe, which would be another good casual choice for lunch. http://colectivocoffee.com/cafes/lakefront/

If you have a little extra time it's nice to drive along the Lakefront and the streets on the bluff above have some cool old mansions and a Lighthouse.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 05:31
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

The brewery itself is near the East Side where there are tons of restaurants. Off the top of my head you're close to Brocach Irish Pub, Trocadero (gastropub) and BelAir Cantina (all 3 on Water St. across the river from Lakefront).

As far as parking, you should be okay. It might be a little more busy downtown because of Memorial Day and people being out, but you shouldn't have a problem.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
342 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

If you want to make it an even more special day, check out the Harbor House for lunch/brunch. Our just for a beverage and take in the views of the Harbor, The Art Museum and Discovery World. They have outdoor seating as well-- the weather is supposed to be 70 and sunny. It's just a short walk south of The Art Museum.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

I am always drawn to the Third Ward they have a handful of good places to grab a bite to eat. You could go to stroll through the Public Market and grab a quick bite, go to the Smoke Shack, Café Benelux, Wicked Hop (GREAT BLOODY MARY'S) or Water Buffalo (on the River). Just down the street is a one of the best burger joints in town called Sobelman's. In 2010 Sobelman's and AJ Bombers (on Water Street in between the Brewery and Art Museum) were on Food Wars (Travel Channel Show) competing for the best burger. Both places are good, I like AJ Bomber better, but nothing highlights Milwaukee better then going to historical Sobelman's. (Good Bloody Mary's there too!) Have fun!

5. Re: Lakefront Brewery, Art Museum, Parking and Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:15