We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indian shores campground

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
indian shores campground

has anyone been there? looking to go 1st week in aug. will need 3-4 sites. want close to beach ithink have 3yr.old that loves water. and will bring 2 speed boats will be out on lake alot. any advice? thanks

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indian shores campground

Have been to Minoqua but never camped. Found this on a previous post..hope it helps. The website looks like it would be fun and Lake Tomahawk is a nice lake.

"Haven't been there in a couple of years, but we used to camp at Indian Shores outside of Woodruff (which is right next to Minocqua. I think the campground is on Lake Tomahawk - a decent sized lake. They have cabins to rent and a restaurant and marina onsite to use. Always very friendly and kept up."

White Lake...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: indian shores campground

I was at the Indian Shores, what a let down. I will not go there again. The campsites are very close and it is very expensive to stay. After paying $48 a night to stay the charge for a shower even. There are nicer places to stay that the owners are not so money hungry.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indian shores campground

I think the quote in the first response was written by me awhile back.

This may not be helpful to you since I believe the last time we camped at Indian Shores was 2002. We have been there probably a total of 4 times when we had a popup. Our experiences were always good. We usually camped in one of the circles (sites 120-128)because there was limited traffic and was quieter. We always went during the week because the campground was quieter, sometimes we almost had the circle to ourselves. The beach was pretty large as far as campground beaches go, and my son loved to play there, especially when he was younger on our first trips. As he got older, my husband and he would rent a boat and go out fishing. They had a great time. When it would rain (you know, doesn't it always rain when you are camping???) we could go up to the game room, sit in the bar, go to the restaurant or store. The pool is located a ways from the campsites. One thing I did not like at the time was the HUGE metal slide they had in the playground. I had never seen one so high and it looked dangerous. It's probably long gone by now. If I remember correctly, the sites closer to the water are less wooded - more like scrub trees/bushes.

If I look at the rates correctly, it appears the previous poster was on a site that had electricity, water, sewer and cable TV. You can save money if you don't need all that. In the event you want that, then the charge doesn't seem so outrageous, but that's just me. They are a business with a short season and apparently people are paying those rates or they would charge less. Try getting a spot at a Jellystone Campground on a weekend for that rate! The campground has been around for a long time and is rustic. I don't know if they have upgraded anything since we were there. You are in the middle of a woods and it can be fairly damp within the wooded area. I know we did have some issues with that on a couple of our visits.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: indian shores campground

Years back we camped at Indian Shores every year a few times during the summer and early Fall. We now camp across the highway at the state park...Clear Lake. It does not have electricity....but, the sites are great. They cost $11.00. They also have a boating area.

The sites at Indian Shores are okay. There are none directly on the lake....the ones closer to the lake are up on a hill. They have a nice game room and lodge area with some fun things for the kids. The pool is very small. The beach is okay. It is a very nice lake if you have boats, I just do not think any campsite is worth that kind of money. You pay at Indian Shores the same taht it costs at Disney World.

White Lake...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: indian shores campground

The $45 a night was a basic site with electricity only. It is more with every additional person, dog, boat, sewer etc. This is a crazy amount, we go to Copper Harbor Michigan for $32 a night with a full hook up right on a lake with a big beach and it is very peaseful. No additional nit picking with pay showers etc. The resterant was closed the week before the fourth also.

USA
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: indian shores campground

Just got back from Indian Shores on Lake Tomahawk. We were very disappointed in the cabin we rented for a week. The term they used was "rustic" but can be more accurately described as "run downed" and "neglected". Because we spent over a $1000 on this cabin I assumed that "lines included" meant linens that fit the bed and didn't sandpaper off your skin when used. We would have had a view of the lake from our cabin if they had trimmed some of the overgrowth down. The pool, kids play area and tennis court(?) were very run down too. Maybe camping is the way to go when staying here, but like the other post mentioned, sites are not very private. My son got swimmers itch from their beach (not their fault but heed the warning and ask before you go). Lake Tom is an awesome lake and we will go back next year to the $850 cabin (3 bd, 1bth, refurbished) we found just down the way from Indian Shores with an available pontoon for another $800. We feel very taken advantage of and sorry we cannot post anything good to say about Indian Shores. They really have no genuine concern for you as a customer unless you want to buy one of their condo's... Buyer Beware...

7. Re: indian shores campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Minocqua