We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheboygan

Which Sheboygan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arnold, Missouri
1 post
Save Topic
Sheboygan

Coming to Sheboygan in June .Staying at Fountain Park motel. Is the neighborhood around Fountain Park safe is it safe at night?? Is downtown Sheboygan dead at night or are there some clubs and bars with live music open during the week ? Are their any areas to avoid ???

2 replies to this topic
West Coast (of Lake...
Level Contributor
133 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheboygan

Um... No. Fountain Park motel is not a place I would recommend. Regular criminal/police activity there, and the surrounding area.

That said, the chances of something happening to you is remote as long as you're smart about it. There are quite a few bars within walking distance, but live music is typically weekends only.

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, but still somewhat downtown and safer, I'd look into Harbor Winds which is by the river.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheboygan

It's possible Chaos Theory has over-stated the issue. The Fountain Park Motel is pretty crummy. I wouldn't stay there. However, they have a very good restaurant attached to it. Fountain Park (the park) is right across the street. It's sort of a town square with a band shell, farmer's market during the summer etc. Kids do hang out there, I suppose the same kind of unsavory stuff that can happen in any city at night. But it's hardly an area to be truly afraid of.

But there are much better places to spend the night than that hotel which are also downtown. Sheboygan doesn't have a lot of night life, unless you want the Mayor's concert at the bands hell with the retirees! There are some places with live music, but it's not downtown Milwaukee. Is there a reason you picked Sheboygan and that hotel?

Reply to: Sheboygan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sheboygan