We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

Which Stevens Point hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
130 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

Wondering if anyone has been to the energy fair before. The family is going this year June 19-21 2009 staying in Steven Point WI, and the fair is in Custer. We'll go on Saturday so can check the area friday if we have time, later sat or early sunday.

Besides the fair, I'd like to check out the area a bit. I see northwest is the Mead wildlife area and if that would be good to see. We plan to stop then in Fond du lac wisc on our way to Milwaukee for a couple of days.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
930 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

I really enjoy the energy fair, and can highly recommend it. There are a lot of exhibitors, and you will definitely learn more than you already know about the latest in alternative energy systems.

Stevens Point has a great walking and biking park, the Schmeekle Preserve, right near the campus. There are many parks along the Wisconsin River, too.

The Mead can be good in a rainy year, but the weather has been dry this year. I've heard mixed reviews when the weather is dry. The animals tend to be more active when it's wet, is what my friends in the area have told me.

There is also the Point Brewery, if you are so inclined, and Belt's soft ice cream stand, which has lots of good stuff to mix in with the ice cream, if that's something you enjoy.

The Farmer's Market downtown is also pretty good.

Hope you have a great trip!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

We will never waste our money on it again. A lot of people smoking pot.

We are not the type of people who are into this but wanted to try it once (especially since we are only 15 minutes away).

The Portage County fair is going on that weekend as well in Amherst (east of Custer). Sunday is free admission day.

There is also Hartman Creek State Park.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

I forgot about the green trail circle and also the tomorrow river state trail. These are real nice trails.

4. Re: Midwest Renewable energy Fair 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Stevens Point
Recent Conversations