We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now I need advice too!

Which Sturgeon Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Now I need advice too!

Hi guys, I'm a regular on this forum, but we normally stay further north in the Door, not at Sturgeon Bay. However, we have a family event in summer and didn't realize all the rooms at that location are already booked. Yeah I know, DUH! But I thought they'd reserved a much larger block. So, after a lot of time here on TA, I'm narrowing it down to Bridgeport Resort, Holiday Music and the AmericInn.

Three very different places, with different vibes. Does anybody have any personal experience with them? I'm trying to stay south of the bridge, as our event is actually much further south, but there aren't any places to stay nearby. Other good places have 3 night minimums or beyond some family members budget. We are planning on a two night stay.

15 replies to this topic
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Now I need advice too!

It's along the water, about 20 minutes southwest of Sturgeon Bay. When I had done an online search there didn't appear to any lodging in the area except for Algoma. I just checked into it, it's probably as far or farther than the Sturgeon Bay places we're looking at. Their website is very minimal, no reviews of the motel on TA either.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Now I need advice too!

If you are adventurous you could look into Quietwoods South campground. :)

www.quietwoodscamping.com/rentals-p3054.asp

I've talked to a few people that really like it there. And they have pools! lol

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Now I need advice too!

Well, we're in town for a wedding, so that would be a NO! Besides, I didn't even camp when I was a Girl Scout leader. I left that to the other leaders. I would have been such a wet blanket they wouldn't have wanted me. I love the outdoors, hiking, swimming etc, but when it comes to lodging, I like my niceties.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Now I need advice too!

Across from the Americinn there is Motel 57. Completely renovated to an all new retro vibe. Also check out Beach Harbor Resort on the Bay of Green Bay. Clean Rooms, restaurant and swimming beach. At Beach Harbor they offer Free Kayaks to use off their beach!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Now I need advice too!

Thanks LoveDC. I checked into both of those and made reservations at the AmericInn. The location, cost and room availability worked better for us. This may help future travelers. I just realized I could have said what I needed help on in the title, then it may have reached more people.

Reply to: Now I need advice too!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sturgeon Bay