We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do we stay???

Minnesota
7 posts
Save Topic
Where do we stay???

We are planning our summer vacation at the Dells. We will have 2 adults (over 40), 1 adult at 20, a 17 year old, 14 year old, (all 3 boys) and a ten year old girl. Where is the best place to stay. We're not really focusing on cost, but have been looking at THE GREAT WOLF, THE WILDERNESS, THE KALAHARI, and the now named MT OLYMPUS (which we heard is under construction this year?) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do we stay???

Kalahari would be the most fun for kids of those ages. Great Wolf is more for younger. Wilderness would be ok, but there's nothing in walking distance for the kids to do out of the hotel.

Still waiting to hear if they did any re-model in the rooms at Mt. Olympus or just put up a new facade.

Minnesota
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do we stay???

Thanks a bunch! If you hear about MT. Olympus, would really appreciate hearing.

Anamosa, Iowa
Level Contributor
104 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do we stay???

Hi Dell-Bound - my family stays at the Wilderness ( Glacier Canyon section) . We have taken large groups with multiple age ranges up to age 65 and down to age 4. Everyone in those age ranges can find more than enough entertainment right on site. If cost is a concern you tote in your own food . If cost is less of a concern, the adults get their adult beverages, the kids get kid-food and beverages and everyone is happy. We have had good luck and good times at the Wilderness.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do we stay???

This is our third year at The Great Wolf Lodge, we are returning in July. We are so happy with it and have only wonderful things to say about it. There are water rides for every age, and it isn't so huge that you will lose your kids...there are three huge indoor rooms with water activities and an adult hot tub and a family hot tub, plenty of watchful lifeguards. Also outside water rides. Everything is connected, so there isn't a long distance to walk. it is extremely clean, the staff is wonderful. I've recommended it to several friends and they have all come back home very pleased, with reservations for next year made. ~~I feel that you will be very pleased, go to greatwolf.com and check it out ......~~~have a fun trip~~

Iowa
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do we stay???

We will be staying at the Chula Vista for the second year in July. It has added a new indoor facility and remodeled rooms. We do the all inclusive package, I think it is a good deal. Water slides for everyone. It is on the outside of the Dells maybe takes 5 minutes to get downtown. The buffett has king crab legs everynight, good for big eaters.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do we stay???

Do not stay at the Wilderness. I have stayed there previously and enjoyed it. Was just there this weekend, had issues with a vehicle accident involving their vehicle and have been told there is no "higher" up to speak to than the 20-25 year old "manager on duty".

chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do we stay???

Hi Dell-Bound:

I have only stayed at the Great Wolf, and if you were going in the winter I would recommend it highly. However, if you want to spend more time in the summer outside than inside, you might be wiser to choose the Kalahari, based on what I saw of the Great Wolf's outdoor park. Again, we LOVE Great Wolf, but their outdoor waterpark seemed small in comparison.

Kelly

P.S. I was under the impression that Mt. Olympus was strickly a water park (like Noah's Ark?) and not a resort?

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do we stay???

Kelly,

Mount Olympus has purchased Treasure Island, so they do have resort-type accomodations.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do we stay???

We will 2nd the vote for Great Wolf. We were just there in early June and had a great time. The rooms are great with large bathrooms and the water park has plenty of activities for everyone. The whole place was very clean and very well maintained. The only negative we had was the Camp Critter breakfast buffet- way over priced and not very good. Since we had a fridge and microwave we just ate breakfast in our room to save some money.

10. Re: Where do we stay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 01:18