We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to eat in the Dells???

Griffith, IN
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to eat in the Dells???

I'm taking the family to Great Wolf the weekend of October 20th. We'll probably be heading up there with my Brother-In-Law and his family as well. There will be about 8 of us in all. My wife will be 7 months pregnant when we go (No, she will not be going down any slides. The lazy river is just fine for her.)

Anyway, I would like to know if there are any good, no, great restaurants in the dells within a short drive of Great Wolf. Maybe somewhere to go with just the adults or with the kids in tow. I'm not looking for the typical chain restaurants like Applebees or Friday's. Just somewhere we can go to grab a beer and relax a little after a day of throwing the kids around in the water LOL.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
963 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

You can take the kids to River's Edge Pub and Grille - decent food, locals patronize, huge aquarium with Wisconsin native fish and northwoods feel. Can also take the kids to Moosejaw Pizza and brew pub. For a sports bar go to Monks at the Wilderness. The River Walk Pub downtown is also nice and you can sit outside and watch the boats on the river.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
340 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

We always hit Mossejaw. It's a great family restaurant with good pizza.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

Kahunaville at the Kalahari is a great restaurant. If you go after 900pm (I think after 900pm) they do a Las Vegas type of show at the bar. It was like watching the movie Cocktail with Tom Cruise---these bartenders are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While they are doing the show for everyone at the bar (it is free to sit there and watch) they are making all kinds of drinks which they give to the bar patrons for free when the show is over. Also, the Cheese Factory Restaurant is very good. Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Middleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

For a great dinner for adults try Fields. Great food and great atmosphere.

The Cheese Factory was fabulous and kid friendly.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,350 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

We like Mexicali Rose-

Also High Rock

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

'ebabysmom' mentioned The Cheese Factory. In the Restaurants section you'll see that it's highly rated, and also that it is vegan (or vegetarian). We went there because it was so highly rated. Unfortunately we were there during the lunch hour, and the menu is less extensive then.

Be prepared for some unusual selections on the menu. All items are fairly pricey IMHO. The desserts all look delicious. The milkshake was fantastic. Also be aware that it's called The Cheese Factory because it's located in a former cheese factory, not because of any emphasis on cheesy dishes.

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

Pizza Pub - great buffet and menu with a nice lounge bar - also check out Ishnala for the adults.

8. Re: Best place to eat in the Dells???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 17:18