We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
132 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

We have been to the Dell's a couple of times, the last few years. We have not had much luck with places to eat, either the meals were terrible,expensive or both. We did find one place for breakfast that we have returned to each time, that was Denny's which is located at the end of the main drag right across the street from the Fire Station (Great B-fast at a fair price.) Doe's anyone have any suggestions on Lunch and Dinner?

Tslammer

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

port vista, sand bar, pizza pub

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
680 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

We enjoy Paul Bunyan's.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

We go to the River Walk, River's Edge, Pizza Ranch during the week for buffet (more expensive on weekends - love the broasted chicken), House of Embers has a really good happy hour price on their appetizers - you can make a meal of them - also like their regular menu if you are looking for a little more upscale.

WIsconsin
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

Well, if your not looking for fancy, I recommend the Garden Valley restaurant/diner in Mauston. We happened to stop there yesterday on our way back home from the Dells. I just wanted a burger. Boy, did I get one! Huge slab of meat, and fries came with it for $6.65. And you got a bowl of soup. I happened to notice their specials written on a whiteboard, and they had a top sirloin with 21 shrimp for $10.95. Had I been hungrier, I think I would have tried that. Mauston is about 30 miles north of the dells area, but finding this little diamond in the rough was heaven. It reminded us of 'Mel's Diner' from the tv show 'Alice', only not so busy.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

We ate a pizza at pizza pub and it was very good. We also had breakfast at IHOP and that was very good as well.

Kathy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

I agree with the pizza pub. For the lunch buffet you get a ton of food for your money. We went to Denny's too and it was pretty good and no forever long line like Paul Bunyon's.

Crandon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
65 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

Uno Chicago Grill is my families #1 spot to eat in the Dells. Awesome food, low prices. For my husband and I and our daughter (2 yrs old) to eat and have fancy drinks it was under $30!!

Stay away from MooseJaw, Buffalo Phils and Sarentos if you want to eat cheap! They amy look enticing but they are high priced.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

Paul Bunyan's is great for breakfast and dinner--neat atmosphere

Cracker Barrel (great breakfasts)

or order pizza in, you can't go wrong there

I've heard raves of Pizza Pub but we haven't been there. We were to the Moosejaw instead. Moosejaw isn't cheap per say but it was good. with tip it was $40 for our family of four. Excellent food.

Have you ever been to Famous Dave's? They have great ribs and things there and good salads. Again they'd be more like eating out at the Moosejaw. Considering a fast food meal at McD's is nearly $5 now, eating at the Moosejaw/Famous Dave's, you're eating much better for $10 per person or just over.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

I found River Walk to have excellent breakfast and decent prices, with good service, and wonderful decor/views, with a great location. Can't beat all those amnenities in my opinion.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best places to eat, with out going bankrupt?

High Rock Cafe has great food and reasonable prices. it is right downtown - on the main strip on the second floor overlooking downtown. They have everything, from sanwiches to wraps, salads, pastas, and entrees, with a kids menu as well. It is one of the locals favorite places to eat. Don't miss it, it's seriously one of the best places in the Dells.

Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells