We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

We are a group of adults, visiting Dells in mid-March (weekend of 3/14). Can anyone recommend places for fun activities?

Google tells me I can do snowmobile, snowtubing, sledding. Are these activities suited for adults? If so, can anyone mention a good place to rent the equipment in Dells?

How is the temperature in indoor water parks? Do they keep it warm? I wouldn't want to freeze in there.

In general, we are looking for activities that will keep us busy. No kids, no romantic getaways. Ideas are appreciated. :)

Thanks.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

We stay at Wyndham Glacier Canyon at the Wilderness through our timeshare and sometimes the waterparks are tolerable and at other times they have been too cold for our liking. The hot tubs are great but when we were there in January they were overflowing with kids.

I recommend visiting the nearby winery for the tasting. It was inexpensive and the tasting was delicious! Just make sure that you eat before you go. They don't have any snacks to purchase other than in the vending machine.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

Just a heads up, we visited from Northern Wisconsin last weekend and all of their snow was gone. We stayed at Glacier Canyon Lodge and saw the snow tubing hill was closed. The snow there is mostly just what is left in the snow piles.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

The snow is gone for sure, so your outdoor activities will be limited. Too cold / wet for hiking, golf, etc. There's a slim chance that Cascade Mountain might still have snow for skiing, but we've been getting rain here...

I've always found the indoor waterparks I've been inside to be plenty warm and humid.

As far as other activities, there's the Broadway Dinner Theater, Tanger Outlet Mall, shopping and bar-hopping in the downtown Dells. Some attractions like Ripley's and Wizard Quest will be open.

Kalahari has a new indoor theme park with ropes course, climbing wall, go-karts, mini-golf, bowling. It's an all ages place, but there are lots of kids around...

Which hotel did you pick?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

Thankyou, everyone. I looked into Mt.Olympus, but they are heavily booked, Spring break perhaps.

Next winter perhaps!

5. Re: Dells in mid-March - What are fun activities for adults?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 02:16