We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

How would I go about finding rentals at Glacier Canyon Lodge? I've heard you can save quite a bit in comparison to what the nightly rate is if you book through the hotel directly. Is it safe to rent the timeshares from the owners? How do you know they won't just take your money and run? Also, is there any difference in the rooms or services you get if you rent from a timeshare owner versus the hotel?

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

We always rent from the hotel itself, BUT we only stay in the winter when rates are lower and we have a coupon.

Check out vrbo.com

-OR-

check out e-bay. I have seen some stays for Glacier Canyon listed on e-bay.

We are going to Florida this September and I will not book through a private owner. I know I could get a better deal, but with all the foreclosures I feel better booking through a hotel. Some don't feel the same way, but I would hate to show up for vacation and not have a place to stay and be out money.

I am not a big risk taker.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

I forgot, there are no differences in rooms or services if you rent through a private owner over the hotel. The only difference would be you rent their room and you won't be able to switch if there is a problem. Last trip we had a room that was smoked in before we arrived and it was really bad. My daughter and I get migraines so we had to switch rooms. I don't know if you would be able to do this if you book through an owner.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

We only booked through the Wilderness.

4. Re: Glacier Canyon Timeshare rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 05:17