We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

I have been on here before. I stayed at Chula Vista and loved it. I want to stay for a few nights in the winter. My 15 year old said he wanted to stay somewhere with more indoor slides. Which has the most indoor slides?

Which park has the most going on in the month of December? We have a 10 year old and a 15 year old.

You guys all basically planned my last Dells trip. It was fab! LOL! Keep up the good work.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

…about.com/od/…LottaWater_5.htm

…about.com/cs/…dellswilderness.htm

…about.com/cs/waterparks/a/dellskalahari.htm

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

You will find many different answers to this question.

If I was in your situation, I think I would have my son look at the main waterpark hotels (Wilderness, Great Wolf, Kalahari, Chula Vista, Hotel Rome) on the www.dells.com site. Let him investigate and see which slides/parks peak his interests the most.

For us, we prefer Wildernss Resort BUT staying in the Glacier Canyon hotel (which is connected by an indoor walkway). We may try Chula Vista this year as we have never been. We did have a look at Great Wolf and thought the park was small. We stayed at Hotel Rome when it was Treasure Island and I wouldn't go back. The waterpark area is small.

Like I said you will get a lot of different opinions, but I think the best thing would be for your son to do some looking. He may find one hotel to greatly exceed the others.

Have fun!

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
40 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

Over the years we have stayed at most of the resorts with indoor waterparks at one point. The only one we have not been to is the Kalahari. Of the ones we have stayed at we like the Wilderness the best and now go here just about every fall/winter. As one other person mentioned we stay at the Glacier Canyon part of the Wilderness. The rooms are nice and less expensive although the walk to the waterpark is a bit of a hike. The 3 indoor waterparks here are good and have a wide variety of slides, activities and a wave pool. In addition to the waterpark they have lazer tag, an indoor playground (like the great wolf - only this one is included in the price vs. having to pay seperate), indoor mini golf, multiple large arcades, etc.. We have also found the breakfast buffet if you can afford it to be the best.

So our vote is the Wilderness or one of it's partners on property.

Our stay at the great wolf was good as well, but not as many activities as the wilderness. The Kalahari seems to have a ton of items as well but everytime we check the price there it seems way out of control so.....

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

We were thinking wilderness. Do they have a lot of indoor slides? Why the Glacier Canyon? Is it better than the regular hotel?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
40 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

We like the 2 and 3 BR with 2 bath units at Glacier and the price is a bit less expensive as well. There is also a full kitchen/fridge so that saves a bit as well if staying for more than a night or two. You basically have an apartment vs. hotel room.

I guess I don't know how many indoor slides off hand but there are several at each of the three indoor parks. The slides are of all kinds meaning individual body/raft, group raft, etc and they have slides to satisfy all from slower kiddie ones to high speed ones. My wife and I couldn't believe how fast the one group ride went which was in the middle waterpark.

hope that helps - enjoy.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

Did anyone else who stayed at the Wilderness find that the water for the body slides was a bit on the chilly side? We stayed there back in August, and the tubes slides were fine, but the body slides had to be like 20 degrees cooler.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

Glacier Canyon is nearly new and condo's not a small hotel room. Look at the layouts online and you will see the difference.

8. Re: Best waterpark hotel in the winter.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 07:16