We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite hotel?

kentucky
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
favorite hotel?

Coming in JUne 2010 with 11 year old and husband. What is your favorite hotel does not need to have water park but need pool and hot tub.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite hotel?

a good one for adults and kids alike and it's not a big waterpark but there are water activities in/out, a good sized pool, hot tub, etc.:

www.copacabanaresort.com

Houlihans is on the property and the skyway goes above the road to cross the highway (enclosed).

We've enjoyed nice quiet stays here, and they have a nice property. They have cheaper rooms further back and nicer rooms in the main part. Hope that helps. It's a good central location as well. It's right by Tommy Bartlett.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: favorite hotel?

We really like Wilderness Resort, but I would also look at the Kalahari and Chula Vista. I would stay away from Hotel Rome. We stayed here a couple times and both of those times were disappointing.

We stayed at the Mayflower, it was quiet and had a nice indoor pool (we went in the winter). I would also stay away from Riviera Motel and Suites. My husband and I (boyfriend at the time) had laid in the bed for awhile before deciding to go for a swim. When we came back I opened a drawer and found drug para. We checked out and went to another hotel. As we were getting in our car they rented it to another couple. The other couple went into the room and it was never cleaned. Gross!!

First you need to tell us your price range. That will make it easier for us to help.

Mentioned in this post
Wilderness Resort
Wilderness Resort
3,093 Reviews
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
709 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: favorite hotel?

I would choose a waterpark hotel for an 11 year-old. After seeing the slides at nearby hotels, your child will most likely want to try out one of those hotels. If you are looking for a smaller out of the way hotel w/waterpark, I'd choose the Chula Vista. If you are truly wanting just a pool, there is a nice Hilton Garden.

Madison wis
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: favorite hotel?

I recently stayed at a resort called the Rhapsody.. I found it at dellsbestcondos.com, It was very nice and they had accommodations from one bedroom units up to four bedroom. They also had water park passes and depending on the size of the units offered some free passes. We stayed in a three bedroom unit on the lake, it was clean, new, nice and very relaxing. Also had underground heated parking for the winter months.. as well an indoor and outdoor pool, lakeside, beaches, grills.... It was very nice. .. These weren't hotel rooms they where full size condos with really nice kitchens.. One night we stayed in and I made our families meal in the unit and cooked our steaks on the grills outside. You won't be disappointed.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: favorite hotel?

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60403-Wisconsin_Dell… this might narrow it down for you some.

Others we've considered with excellent reviews include: Indian Trail Motel

http://indiantrailmotel.com/ They have pools/hot tub and is a nice outdoor layout too (spacious, mature trees, etc.).

Mentioned in this post
Indian Trail Motel
Indian Trail Motel
406 Reviews
Wisconsin Dells, WI
6. Re: favorite hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 08:16